I'm 5'3 and 210 lbs need tips and motivation

Options
2»

Replies

• Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    I started at 225lbs now at 184lbs so quite a bit to go yet, and I am another one at 5'2. Every pound shows up so well on my body.

What advice can I offer? You are stronger and more capable than you think. You can do this, it will not be easy, you will hit bumps along the way, but giving up is not an option. Track everything, even the bad days, and we all have bad days. Don't treat this like a diet, treat it like a lifestyle change, you need to change your habits for life. Find out what foods keeps you feeling full, if you feel full you are more likely to stick to your plan. I plan all my meals, then shop for my ingredients and I keep nothing unhealthy at home (as otherwise I will eat it)

Get active on the boards for support, it really does help. Good luck :smile:
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I started at 232 at 5'3'' and started by tracking my calories and aiming for 64 ounces of water each day. start off with exercise slowly increasing it as you get more fit. I started by walking my kids to and from school each day and then got an elliptical and started doing 15 minutes each day and added time and upped my resistance levels. Now I use hand weights, walk in the morning and evening and have a job that keeps me active. fitbit challenges and the message boards help keep me motivated. good luck! :)
  • faji2015
    faji2015 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Jmgkamp wrote: »
    5'2" started in March at 219. Weighed 159.9 as of the morning. Started by logging my food. Bought a scale within 2 weeks (best present you can buy yourself). Added exercise after 15 pounds (first month).

You got this!!!

Forums are your friend. We all support each other. Good luck!

How did you lose so much in such a short time. I was 176 lbs when I started now 158lbs after 3 months. I'm 5.2".
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    5'4", started at 217, now at 168...didn't buy a food scale until months in...but i definitely advise that so that you get a good grip on what a real serving looks like. (cereal, i'm looking at you.....lol)

you can learn a lot from the forums. otherwise, my best advice is to make one tiny change at a time until they become habits. like, make an effort to drink __ oz of water per day, then make an effort to make it nothing but water all day, then eat more veggies...etc. some people are able to do more than one at a time, but some aren't. better to be slow about it than overdo it and run out of steam and give up.

good luck!
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" on March 8, 2015 I weighed 237 pounds, today I weigh 45 pounds less. I started counting carbs, because I had elevated blood sugars. I limited carbs to 45 grams per meal. Then I started walking, I walked 15 minutes a day gradually I moved up, by July I was walking 5 miles a day 5 days a week. I started counting calories and carbs in April. In May I started on MFP and starting watching all my macros and micros. I upped my lean protein to 90 grams minimum per day. In June I started weighing all my food using a digital kitchen scale. In July I started using a fitbit to measure activity and added strength training. I lost at a average rate of 2 pounds a week. The last month I have been taking a break and eating at maintenance. I have found the CI-CO=weigh change equation to be very accurate. Now that we are done with vacation, I am back in weight loss mode again. I made changes gradually. I tightened things up as far as accuracy. I have demystified weight loss by meticulous tracking and I have confidence that I can continue on the path I started. I feel great, my A1C (blood sugar) is back in the normal range, I have lowered the dose of my blood pressure medication, and I sleep better. My teenage son thinks I am much nicer too.
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 5'3 and got down to 205. I was 225 on July 27th when me and my ex fiance broke up.
  • LinziT123
    LinziT123 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hey! OK if I add some of you guys?
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It is hard I was 327.8 in April 2013 and had no care in the world that I was overweight, very unhealthy, and could harldy walk ! I had tired every diet possible the past 10 years even went to a dietician for 8 months with only losing 5 lbs. So I gave up HOPE on everything i was drpressed, stressed and tired of being tired. My dr finally got me to see how unhealthy I was when she had to put me on diabetic medications, blood presure, thyriod, anixety, allergy and dietric. I am proud to say I weight 260 lbs and have lost about 50 inches. YOU CAN DO IT trust me...it is all mind set.. We are all a team and got your back !!!
  • Jmgkamp
    Jmgkamp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    faji2015 wrote: »
    Jmgkamp wrote: »
    5'2" started in March at 219. Weighed 159.9 as of the morning. Started by logging my food. Bought a scale within 2 weeks (best present you can buy yourself). Added exercise after 15 pounds (first month).

You got this!!!

Forums are your friend. We all support each other. Good luck!

How did you lose so much in such a short time. I was 176 lbs when I started now 158lbs after 3 months. I'm 5.2".

I stuck to the 1200 calories recommended by MFP. Some days over, some under - but over the course of the week it was 8400 calories for me. I bought a food scale week #2, and still weigh and log everything. I went on vacation for 2 weeks and didn't bring the scale so estimated to the best of my ability (and didn't lose, but also didn't gain - win!!).

After month 1 I added daily exercise and I have stuck with that. I work out every day, maybe I've missed 7 days total?

• thin2win777
    thin2win777 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Take the simplest approach possible: remind yourself daily that you don't get to redo your ONE life. Works for me for absolutely everything