20 year old female - snacking - stomach pooch - depression

Options
riaroma52
riaroma52 Posts: 12 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
Heya,

Genetically, I've always had a stomach pooch and general excess weight. My younger sister were both genetically born with flat, far less stomachs.

When I was 19, I managed to get to my target weight but I also obtained an eating disorder so when I went to university, I merely gained it all back.

After I came home, I realised how big I had gotten and vowed I'd get back in shape. I've been going to the gym every day and generally eating well but I tend to snack. On the most awful of things.

The will power is there but it's just not strong enough. I want to feel beautiful and slim again, but healthily.

I prefer healthy food to unhealthy. I'd rather eat a lovely salad with no dressing than a cheese burger. But I have a major sweet tooth.

I just feel lost because my heart wants one thing yet my mind? brain? wants another?

Someone please tell me it's okay feeling like this? And any encouragement would be great!

I've been through a lot of depression and anxiety in my life if that helps.

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    If It Fits Your Macros then it's all good, snack if you want to just don't over do it.
  • Muneera7878
    Muneera7878 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You're doing a very good job! And you can make things work, you just need to work harder!
    And sure it's okay to feel all of those feelings!
    Keep it up, you're gonna do it!
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    As you have a history of ED, it would be advisable to get the support of your doctor and a dietitian to ensure your nutrition and weight goals are right for you.
  • stephanieammon86
    stephanieammon86 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Here for you! I am same way with food as u are.
  • maggierenee88
    maggierenee88 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    j6o4 wrote: »
    If It Fits Your Macros then it's all good, snack if you want to just don't over do it.

What he said. I've lost a total of 100lbs and it's not because I never ate junk food. I just ate less and fit it into my macros. Cheesies and wine are still around lol.I used to think in order to lose weight I couldn't eat any of the snacks I really loved, wrong! Plus I would generally end up on a munching bender if I deprived myself counter active! You can do this girl.
  • riaromasharma
    riaromasharma Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will definitely try counting macros :)
  • amoreamante
    amoreamante Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your story sounds similar to mine. I'm also working on finding that balance. I'm trying to stick to less cake instead of no cake ever lol.