Does anyone know how to change your starting weight?

Options
dianamaine
dianamaine Posts: 20 Member
Hi! Ok, so I signed up last June, a couple of months ago, but only set up my account. Last Wednesday I logged in and was finally motivated and excited to finally get down to business and make the much needed changes. Problem, I "guessed" at my weight when I set up the account as I was still not ready to face the music and see the truth. Well, I underestimated by 10 pounds and now MFP does not have me logging any changes even though I have lost 4.8 lbs since last week. So, is there a way I can change that initial input from June to reflect the actual start weight? Thanks for any help...and please friend me as I am looking for a supportive network along the way and would love to give encouragement as well!

Replies

• firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    This is what I'm wondering too. Mines only off by about 4 lbs, but it's still frustrating!
  • katecorb
    katecorb Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you go to the check in part, where you enter your weight, there is now a spot closer to the bottom that says enter previous entries. You should be able to do it there. :)
  • DvrDawg
    DvrDawg Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Once you've logged in, click "My Home", then "Check-in", then "Edit Previous Entries". The latter is at the bottom of the entry panel. On that page, you can delete weight entries, or add new entries for any date. So, you will have to go back and find where you first entered your weight and change it.
  • dianamaine
    dianamaine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! That worked! My progress has now been duly recorded! Phew...wouldn't want to miss out on 5 pounds of loss! Ha,ha,ha I tried to find it on Ipad/Iphone and it does not seem to work on those apps as I could not locate the entries link. I went onto the laptop and voila! So, thank you for the help!
  • rsekouris
    rsekouris Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Anybody can help how to do it in iPad/iPhone? Thank you!
  • fatimaalmeidaferreira
    Options
    on your fitnessp pagebthat is titled "Goals" you click on this will take you to page with your current weight and your goal weight! If you click on your weight you will be able to change it!
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    rsekouris wrote: »
    Anybody can help how to do it in iPad/iPhone? Thank you!

You must use the Web version, not the mobile apps, to update your starting weight or edit previous entries.

Navigate to APPS > Tickers > Update your weight data. Enter your desired starting weight and click Save Changes. That will update the oldest date/weight in your profile.

Alternately, navigate to MY HOME > Check-in > Edit Previous Entries.
    a. Enter a new value in the Starting Weight text box and click Change; or
    b. Scroll down and click on the highest page number to take you to the oldest date/weight entry. Once you find your oldest date/weight entry, under Add New Entry, enter the new date/weight and click Add New Entry. That will replace the oldest date/weight with your new one.
    c. If you want to keep all of your historical data, Add New Entry at least one day older than the oldest date/weight.
  • firephoenix8
    firephoenix8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Perfect, thanks so much!