CALLING ALL MEN!!!

Angela4Health
Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
edited September 28 in Health and Weight Loss
Okay I thought MAYBE this time it would catch some attention. I posted earlier about ideas for Father's day gifts and only got a couple responses, so hopefully this one will do better. Men, what do you like to receive for Father's Day gifts? I REALLY need some ideas... like REALLY! So, ladies you can give me ideas as well of what you're giving for gifts. This is for my spouse not my dad by the way.

Replies

• ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    My DH has lost 40+ pounds using this site and all of clothes are too big. He loves Polo button down shirts so I think I am going to get him one of those. They are a little pricey so that is not something we typically will just buy on a whim.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    My dad used to LOVE getting a paper shirt with a paper necktie that had macaroni glued to it.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    safety razor, shaving soap, and a badger hair shaving brush
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Does he have any hobbies that could give an idea of something you could get him?

Also, *kitten* is always a great last minute gift idea.
  • Mando55
    Mando55 Posts: 140
    safety razor, shaving soap, and a badger hair shaving brush

Read my mind! Thats what I want, again. www.theartofshaving.com is my FAVORITE brand. Pricey but well worth it. I got that for my dad. Sandalwood smells the best.
  • h3h8m3
    h3h8m3 Posts: 455 Member
    Obviously it depends on what he needs... but things I like when there's not a specific need out there...

Home Depot gift cards (not so great if it's from my wife, since it's really just turning liquid cash into a store credit...)
    New work clothes (since I hate buying them)
    Tickets to a concert or sporting event that I want to attend
    Do all the leg-work to set up an evening out. No thought required from me.

Just the few ideas I came up with after you tricked me into reading this thread. :P
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Hi Angela,

Ipad 2 if his really techy or something, new phone? what does he like to do? concert tickets, sports tickets, catalina island weekend vacation....
  • matthewpaulbreuer
    matthewpaulbreuer Posts: 5 Member
    These lists are from a blog I'm trying to read more frequently called the Art of Manlines.

Father's Day: http://artofmanliness.com/2010/06/03/fathers-day-gift-ideas/

Also check out the holiday gift guides:
    http://artofmanliness.com/2008/12/08/gifts-for-men/
    http://artofmanliness.com/2009/11/27/the-art-of-manliness-holiday-gift-guide-2009/

Some of the items can be pricey, but the idea themselves might come in handy.
  • RiaLucia
    RiaLucia Posts: 121
    My Dad likes to grill out, so I'm ordering him a Man Grate. www.mangrate.com

Basically, it's a cast iron grate that you put on top of a standard grill, and it does a better job of searing the meat while keeping in all the juices, and it makes that nifty grill mark. It was started by a guy who used to work in a restaurant, and cast iron grills are what they used.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member

As long as it's from the wife and not the kids!

*snort*

Isn't that always the go-to fail-safe gift?

:laugh:
  • While this will be my first year as a dad I think I can certainly contribute an idea.

Things are well, just things. I've always asked my wife to give me -experiences- as gifts. Over the years this has been anything from concert tickets to a weekend stained glass class. I have a lot of great memories of some great experiences; many of which I would never have thought of for myself.
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member

I like the way you think, sir!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    a bag of coal....

seriously! *L* hubby's hobby is blacksmithing and nothing he loves to get better than a bag of coal or a big old hunk of iron that fell off someone's trash truck *L*
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    a bag of coal....

seriously! *L* hubby's hobby is blacksmithing and nothing he loves to get better than a bag of coal or a big old hunk of iron that fell off someone's trash truck *L*

Can he craft a level 70 broadsword out of that?
  • BobertC
    BobertC Posts: 123
    a tie, kidding. I got a coupon book one year that my wife got somewhere. it was awesome and I still have coupons to use so thanks for reminding me. life can still be fun when you're poor
  • meinco
    meinco Posts: 62 Member
    a bag of coal....

Can he craft a level 70 broadsword out of that?

LOL
  • avenathus
    avenathus Posts: 113 Member
    My dad loves mountain biking so I've gotten him a couple of mountain biking jerseys/shirts over the years... they come in lots of cool colors and designs (we got him a Quisp cereal themed shirt once) and best part is, they aren't JUST for mountain biking! Also probably great at the gym, jogging in the woods or down the street, etc.

My sister wins this year... she got our dad Peter Frampton tickets haha. So yeah, concert tickets, cool shirts, memorabilia of stuff he likes... All things you could perhaps consider for your hubby?!
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    My DH likes survivalist stuff. LOL! So I am usually good to go with a 'sharp thing', 'nature thing', or 'electronic thing'. I did a wallet on his first father's day (11 years ago) that he refuses to let go of, and I've even let him choose or given him a GC for a no strings attached shopping experience (versus running things by me that I would shake my head at).
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Its my Husband's birthday and first Father's day....I'm getting him a nice pellet/bb gun with a scope, a bottle of whiskey and a cigar lol. He will **** his pants out of glee. Poor squirrels and rabbits :(
This discussion has been closed.