best wedding dress/engagement ring sites?

Options
I noticed many of you are engaged/newlyweds (congrats!) and I was wondering what your favorite sites are to look for wedding dresses and rings...

Replies

• jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I really liked looking at
    http://www.allurebridals.com/
    because they have all styles of dresses, including modest.
  • sweetbri07
    sweetbri07 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm not engaged or a newlywed (actually getting divorced), BUT I'm one of those girls that LOVES wedding planning, so I'd go on www.theknot.com which has EVERYTHING you could want to look for.
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    I loved the Knot when I was planning my wedding! I got so many great ideas from the website and all the great ladies on there. I became part of a board of ladies all getting married the same month as me, and we shared all sorts of info and gave support and suggestions. I'm still friends with most of them, almost 3 years later. That board is a great suggestion. Have fun!!
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    for Irish wedding rings, this is a good site.

http://www.uniquecelticweddingrings.com/
  • Scheherazadea
    Options
    I would recommend shopping for engagement rings in person. Most jewelers won't have their entire collection online and it's far more satisfying to be able to touch and see all those pretty diamonds ;-). It's also possible to negotiate prices in person. I strongly suggest Tiffany's if you want really stellar service!
  • phoenix9115
    Options
    i would make my own dress,but KOHLS has IMPRESSIVE diamond jewelry..and most of the time its 50-65% off!! my diamond is an antique setting,only half carat but chocolate and white diamonds..I get SO many compliments on it all the time,and I still cant beleive we paid $240 for it!! i swear by that place..they have the most beautiful diamond rings and mine was 700 regular price,240 on sale 65% off..so even a ring that regularly cost 2000 would be like 600! what diamond jewelry store ever has prices like that?? i swear by kohls and tell everyone who asks about my ring,that we got it there for $240!! beleive me it looks like we spent alot more on it!! www.kohls.com or go to a store and just browse.. :)
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    etsy.com for rings! Ooooh my goodness, handcrafted and custom and vintage and almost anything you can imagine!

My fiancee bought my diamond for my dream ring there, though the ring itself is on layaway at a local jeweler. Just be sure to check the feedback on anyone you might buy from, and ask them questions before clicking "buy." I've found some amazing wedding accessories there, too. (though all I still need in that department is veil & headpiece)

I've actually done a lot of my accessory shopping at secondhand stores, found an amazing 1950's necklace at the antique shop for $50, a GORGEOUS beaded clutch, still with tags attached, and cream opera gloves, both for $3 each at the thrift store, petticoat at the same store for $12, and got some Jackie O replica earrings at a gift shop that was closing for $11. You'd be AMAZED at what you can find at secondhand and non-bridal stores that is perfect for weddings.

I'm making my dress, using a Butterick vintage (1952!) replica pattern. I've pored over dress sites and found nothing that even starts to stir my fancy compared to that pattern.
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I can't advise on dress sites (I got mine from a charity shop!), but I can recommend weddingwire.com for this forums.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am on The Knot, they have good ideas on the website but I don't interact much on the message boards, some of those brides are very rude/judgmental IMO. But I actually just looked at local wedding shops websites and found my dress from there. I didn't want to order one on-line and wanted to make sure the one I fell in love with was actually close to where I live. And actually, the one I fell in love with and ended up getting I didn't even see on the bridal shops website! And my engagement ring was picked out by my fiance :smile:
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    If you are in the New York, Connecticut, Massachusettes area.....

www.candisfloralcreations.com

the best florist ever!
  • bridetobe310711
    Options
    i have used 'confetti' site for lots of ideas... although dresses.... go to a bridal shop and try on! x
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    jasminebridal.com - I had a Jasmine Couture gown for my wedding and it was so unique and beautiful. :):) I'm looking for an excuse to wear it again
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I know a lot of girls like Jcrew.com for their wedding dresses. Not too expensive or crazy but still nice.
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    I take that back about making my dress...I MAY make my dress. I may buy it at ybridal.com as I really cannot make my dream dress for less than some of those gowns! I'm seeing excellent reviews on the dresses that have them, might be worth a look.
  • Abitha6
    Abitha6 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi,

Even I love to select my engagement ring based. As I am concerned about the cost and looked for some engagement ring calculator</a> online, I got a very clear idea about ring based on the annual income. Refer this link for more details http://www.easycalculation.com/other/gemological/ring-cost-calculation.php