Lost motivation and I feel too tired to exercise now

Options
Epic1523
Epic1523 Posts: 5 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
So over the summer I lost a little over 40 pounds, but I still have another 15-20 to lose. I was exercising daily over the summer and my motivation was to lose all I could before school started back again so people could see a difference in my weight. But now that school has started back again, I am struggling to exercise at all. By the time I am done at school and finished with my homework I am just so drained that I don't want to exercise or feel like I have the energy to. And because I haven't been exercising, it has seemed to slow down my weight loss quite a bit as well. Any advice?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    IDK...I love to ride my bike...it's my primary form of exercise...I couldn't imagine life without my bike and when I have to miss rides for other obligations I get highly annoyed...maybe find something active that you enjoy and do that...when you like what you're doing, very little motivation is needed.
  • mariahb721
    mariahb721 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just keep going! Last year I did my junior year of high school AND my senior year of school and graduated early. I woke up at 4:30 am daily, went to school until 1:15 and didn't get finished with my online school work until about 10 pm and then worked out for as long as my body could (30-120 minutes) so just keep pushing through and think about how you want to look nine months from now and look back at the moment where you almost gave up but didnt. :p

Eat more healthy food, drink more water, drink lots of green tea and push through!
    KEEP GOING! :D
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Could your lack of motivation be because you went back to school and fewer people noticed your weight loss than you had expected? Just guessing.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I think you lost motivation because your goal was for school. Now that you're back to school, your goal has no more time line. Maybe make the rest of your weightloss be for winter time when you see family?
  • khenrickson65
    khenrickson65 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Its always harder to start up again and get motivated. You just have to push yourself. I wake up @5am for worm and sometimes dont get off work till 7pm. I still push myself to go to gym and do what needs to be done to meet or exceed my goals. Nothing worth doing is gonna be easy. Setup a reasonable schedule for yourself and stick to it. You got this!