Replies

• bpp23
    bpp23 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's fantastic
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic and you look so healthy and happy!
  • missmince
    missmince Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look so good. Walking is ultimately my favorite exercise (outdoors, that is), and has probably kept me from getting overweight throughout my adult life. I listen to a lot of music and recorded books, and it's relaxing even if I'm walking quickly. I bet you'll do a lot better at maintaining than many with more "intense" exercise regimes.

Nice, tasteful before/after pics, too.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    I scoff at people who state that walking isn't enough to help people burn off enough calories and that many need more higher impact exercise to achieve it.

Congrats my man. I currently walk at least 3 miles a day intentionally. It's my main form of cardio.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That dedication is an awesome thing! Way to go, certainly something to celebrate.
  • Misslady702
    Misslady702 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,459 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Great work, you look fantastic :)
  • Beeky85
    Beeky85 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! Well done Mr
  • ExRelaySprinter
    ExRelaySprinter Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Absolutely great work! :)
    Walking is so underrrated.
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Bravo. That is a heck of a lot of steps! You look great in that second picture, a few years younger despite it being the 'after' picture.
  • chadisallin70
    chadisallin70 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    After a few months of counting calories...I sort of hit what I perceived as a "plateau". Granted I wasn't weighing my food and there may have been days I was underestimating. But bottom line, the weight loss slowed if not halted. I was super frustrated. That first few months I went from about 285 to 255. Then I seemed to hover in the 255-260 range for next month and half. Started wondering if my sedentary job was the likely culprit. DUH!! Lol. I work in the IT field and log many hours at the desk every day. :-(.

So, after reading this, I decided to amp up my walking significantly. Bought me a Fitbit Flex and was shocked that first day I wore it. Didn't realize I was probably averaging a measly 3-4 thousand steps a day. If not for golf, it might've been worse than that. I made it an obsession to get the 10000 steps a day. Well, obsession still in progress ( I've been 17 days in row over 10k...probably average a little over 11 actually). Haven't got on the scale since I've started. Think I'm going to wait about a month. Don't want to get caught discouraged if it's not enough in my mind. But it's very obvious the "plateau" is over and I'm dropping again. Need to incorporate a little light lifting too but I'm super excited to see where this going. Feeling healthy and good about myself again. Thanks for the inspiration sir!!! I'll let you guys know what I end up losing after a month...

~Chad T from NC
  • pearshapedmum
    pearshapedmum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    excellent job - looking good in the suit
  • suagababie
    suagababie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Fab. Well done.
  • XavierNusum
    XavierNusum Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Thank you for sharing your story!!
  • lindawlas
    lindawlas Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous my friend! An inspiration to us all!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    hAerSyw.jpg
  • becky53012
    becky53012 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! Brilliant job!
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    No words!!!
  • mmutluaydin
    mmutluaydin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I think walking is better cardio than running. Great job, sir. keep going.