Whole 30

Options
looking for feed back from people who have done the Whole 30 program.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    what is whole 30?
  • echmainfit619
    echmainfit619 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    You have to send them your Whole paycheck every 30 days.
  • rachelleeve
    rachelleeve Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I did it and loved it and the results I achieved. It led me to continue a "whole 30-ish" long term lifestyle.
  • Kikisummer
    Kikisummer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What type of results did you get? I'm starting the program on September 1st. Looking for meal ideas that I can make ahead and take with me on work trips
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options

Really?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    what is whole 30?

Whole 30 is basically paleo with a few other restrictions. They encourage you not to make paleo versions of regular food for example. They give you a guideline of how to build meals and encourage 3 meals a day with a snack if you are exercising.

OP - I tried it because my husband wanted to (and he goes along with all my hairbrained ideas). I actually really enjoyed it, surprisingly. I loved the food, I was never hungry, I did lose weight without trying (but that was mostly because of all the other food I eliminated). But, it was not sustainable for me. I still use a lot of the recipes and build my meals in the same idea, protein, fat, and lots of veggies, but I no longer exclude the food restricted by the diet.
    It takes a lot of prep. Because of the type of food available, you have to make an effort to be prepared for those times when you dont feel like cooking or are short on time.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options

SNORT!