I have a lot of experience losing, but maintaining is the true challenge

Options
Older and wiser, right? Well, truth be told the tricks get harder, as does the weight loss maintenance. Old man time does his funky stuff, and Mother Nature lends a hand, and before you know it, you're fighting that Mrs. Butterworth look again!

It's a constant battle it seems. It strikes terror and panic, almost...leaving on a vacation- and then I become an obsessive nut about getting those steps in - fighting off the well meaning relatives who encourage letting loose and eating those things that will sabotage all the progress in about two days! It's true!

So, I cling to my smart phone and go nuts if my step tracker won't sync or I forgot to log something, then can't remember what I actually ate! Call me crazy, but these apps help me with at least some semblance of keeping up with loss and maintenance! The sensor tracker adds that extra bit of confidence that I really ran that far or took those flights of stairs!

I hope all of the effort pays off in a little bit extra health or at least knowing that I tried!

Replies

• Prayerwarrior7
    Prayerwarrior7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Keep on pressing on toward the goal to win the prize ;)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    No one ever said old age was for sissies.... some days all I can do is just stay at maintenance calories and drink my water and stand up enough to reach that goal.. Other days I have 3x the steps I need. But the apps at least let me see that I am obtaining my #1 goal - staying within my weight range. Logging my calories in. Drinking my water. Standing up ! I am going for higher percentage of daily goals obtained. not perfection these days!
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Relax. The bathroom scale keeps track of it all, whether you log everything or not. If you find yourself a couple of pounds above your ideal weight, then it's time to cut back. If you find yourself a couple pounds below your ideal weight, it's time to eat more.
  • FunnyFit
    FunnyFit Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. I just put together a plan for maintenance today and joined a gym, so I am hoping that stress doesn't get the better of me this time. Visiting family is challenging for me too and I have to figure out a balance or a plan to not make it awkward and annoying to stick with it. The effort WILL pay off for you!!!!
  • BethAnnRichmond
    BethAnnRichmond Posts: 20 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    nelletsew wrote: »
    I hope all of the effort pays off in a little bit extra health or at least knowing that I tried!

I have to step back (and squat, lunge, etc. lol) and realize that I can not stop time and all that comes with it, aka slow-*kitten* metabolism. However, that doesn't mean to me that I have to take it laying down. As long as I consume dense nutrition, drink my water and workout each day (stretching is a must, 2x a day) doing some sort of exercise, I'm good to go.

At least we tried indeed!! ;)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Relax. The bathroom scale keeps track of it all, whether you log everything or not. If you find yourself a couple of pounds above your ideal weight, then it's time to cut back. If you find yourself a couple pounds below your ideal weight, it's time to eat more.

^^ this