I'm getting tired of pretzels. I need a dip option.

Options

Replies

• crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm about to do this, but maybe you should look into Walden Farms dressings

I do not recommend this option to anyone who is not a self-loathing volume eater

Blech! I tried the 'Alfredo' and threw the rest of the jar away!

• barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I'm about to do this, but maybe you should look into Walden Farms dressings

I do not recommend this option to anyone who is not a self-loathing volume eater

Blech! I tried the 'Alfredo' and threw the rest of the jar away!

Yeah, this is the first and only time I've ever recommended it to someone.
  • crystalewhite
    crystalewhite Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    I need a cross-eyed emoticon. I must be invisible.

Air-popped grains like popcorn, wheat, or millet. Instant volume. Because air. Fourth time I've advised this.

Invest in a Mandoline. It gives lovely thin slices. Slice up a fruit, tuber or vegetable and bake them crispy. Always use the finger guard with the Mandoline, and use oven mitts when removing the slices from the oven.

Someone else mentioned roasted chickpeas, which are very tasty and low fat.

Did someone say something? I thought I heard someone but I guess no one's there.

OP keeps making these threads and never returning. I can't tell if this is a suffering soul or a troll account.

It almost seems like fishing for attention to me, based on some of the other posts.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Air-popped grains like popcorn, wheat, or millet. Instant volume. Because air. Fourth time I've advised this.

Invest in a Mandoline. It gives lovely thin slices. Slice up a fruit, tuber or vegetable and bake them crispy. Always use the finger guard with the Mandoline, and use oven mitts when removing the slices from the oven.

Did someone say something? I thought I heard someone but I guess no one's there.

OP keeps making these threads and never returning. I can't tell if this is a suffering soul or a troll account.

I can understand not coming back to the threads that blow up. But, like, the food scale thread was perfectly cordial. Popping back in with a "thanks" or more details/questions if they have any wouldn't be amiss.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options

It almost seems like fishing for attention to me, based on some of the other posts.

Oh man, do you think she doesn't know about the Chit Chat forum and their person above threads??
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,950 Member
    Options
    The OP also keeps changing stats. Earlier this afternoon, it was 5 lbs lost 0 to go and now it's 6 lost with 0 to go.
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    Options

I don't think you're invisible; I think OP is looking for a 'magic pill' and won't listen to anyone who doesn't see things her way. Or is a troll. Either way.

Popcorn with paprika and a little white cheddar seasoning is delicious, fyi. ;)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It's not like I'm challenging the OP's approach to high volume low calorie eating. There are options.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options

I don't think you're invisible; I think OP is looking for a 'magic pill' and won't listen to anyone who doesn't see things her way. Or is a troll. Either way.

Popcorn with paprika and a little white cheddar seasoning is delicious, fyi. ;)

This is what I think. She's not willing to put in the work. Just wants magic solutions. She uses "I'm a volume eater" as an excuse.
  • mckinla65
    mckinla65 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I slice jicama into rounds like chips and use those to dip.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    I'm going with bacon dipped in oatmeal cookie batter.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    The perfect dipping implement for a volume eating troll is a boat oar.
    Preferably kept under a bridge.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    mckinla65 wrote: »

I haven't tried that! Jicama is going on my shopping list.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    For something crunchy to dip-
    lower calorie bread, toasted
    raw vegetables- broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, cucumber
    rice cakes... I think rice cakes are worthless nutritionally and gross but they can carry dip to your mouth and they crunch

Personally, I'd look for foods with a combination of protein, fats and fiber for more satisfaction rather than telling yourself you are a volume eater and trying to feel satisfied with low calorie carbs.

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    5mvc5bhbexkv.jpeg

Yep.....batteries, words for not eating red meat , dips and food scales ....hmmmm an interesting combination .....
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    5mvc5bhbexkv.jpeg

Yep.....batteries, words for not eating red meat , dips and food scales ....hmmmm an interesting combination .....

I know, right?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    mckinla65 wrote: »

I haven't tried that! Jicama is going on my shopping list.

Jicama and kohlrabi are both great for that purpose.