This is difficult for me

Options
Hello everyone! Today was my first day actually utilizing this tremendous tool to count my calories. I don't know why I picked today of all days to do this but, there is no better time than the present. Since tracking the food I eat (for one day :), I have discovered some of my triggers that cause me to overeat. I love entering what I eat in my food diary. I hope to get a lot of support and encouragement during my weight loss journey. My goal is to lose 30 pounds by December and to live a much healthier lifestyle overall to prevent my family's history of diabetes, heart disease and high blood pressure from happening to me.

Replies

• 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is a great place for support and motivation! add me as a friend if you would like. You can never have too many friends! :wink:
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. ~smiles~ This really is a great place, amazingly informative and supportive.
  • LINNETTE37
    LINNETTE37 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hey I can honestly say that you have landed on the perfect site. I have been on this site for a little over a week and I am so happy that I have joined because of the motivation and support given by many members like us. I have lost 5 pounds already...you can do this! and what more motivation then to avoid those illnesses from happining to you. You took the first step in eating healthier and determined to lose weight now you will see how inspirational this site is and be thankful. I wish you all success and please know that I am on this journey with you as well :)
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    So excited for you! The future looks so bright for you now that you are taking control of your eating. Welcome to MFP, feel free to add me.
  • CarlaCR66
    CarlaCR66 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Mz Miller! I started today too. I have used this before and it works because you actually see how many calories you are eating and what excercise does for you. My only problem is keeping it going. I want to lose 30 pounds before my daughter's wedding in November so maybe we can encourage each other. My Mother's side of the family also has a history of diabetes and high blood pressure so it makes me want to try alittle harder at losing this weight.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Welcome MzMiller1215
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    First off, congratulations! This has been an answer to a prayer I only half-heartedly prayed. Keeping track of my food has been a real eye-opener for me. I've been on this journey for 6 wks, and I realized that SKIPPING meals was a no-no just as much as eating candy bars INSTEAD of eating healthy food ( that didn't take a genius to figure THAT one out)
    BEST WISHES to you as you start your journey- and you will find a wealth of support here. I LOVE this site.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Carla, welcome to MFP! I would be happy to support you and encourage you to reach your goal. I know you can do it!