Low carb breakfast

Options
2»

Replies

• ScottDowell
    ScottDowell Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I am on Low-calorie diet over 6 months, it really work for me. A vegetarian is really good for health, you have not so many options but yoghurt, smoothies,fruits salads, oatmeal are really good breakfast.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Low carb is harder when you are lactose intolerant. I am too but there are many lactose free dairy products on the market. If they aren't in your stores, search by brand online and then ask your store manager to bring them in. I found if I stayed within the manufacturer that the store is already stocking, they were quite willing. Just make sure they are low sugar too.

If eggs are on your diet, then there are lots of egg based breakfasts that are low carb too. There are recipes for muffins ( I like rhubarb low carb muffins a lot and they make a good travelling breakfast.) I often use leftovers as suggested about. I ate left over cabbage salad and a scrambled egg this morning.

It is harder with restrictions but then so are other WOEs too.

Good luck.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    I'm also not a breakfast person anymore (it helps me to say in my calorie goal to just skip it entirely). Before I decided to skip, I also would do relatively low carb breakfasts. I stopped caring about "breakfast" food and just ate food I liked. I'd eat really large salads; just eat whatever you like that works with your schedule.

I used to be kind of anti breakfast food too, and would do this. Even last summer I went through a phase where I was eating salad with leftover meat from dinner (although that wouldn't work for OP, obviously). But it's a good suggestion to just eat similar stuff to other meals if none of the breakfast suggestions are appealing to you.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am on Low-calorie diet over 6 months, it really work for me. A vegetarian is really good for health, you have not so many options but yoghurt, smoothies,fruits salads, oatmeal are really good breakfast.

All of those are high-ish carb, which is contrary to what OP requested (also yogurt will have lactose).
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    Why do you need to eat low carb on top of those other restrictions? I'd like to learn the medical reason. Thanks.

...it's nobody's business, and not necessary to answer the OP's question.

to the OP, are eggs an option for you? If you need to eat breakfast, I'd work in typical lunch or dinner items you enjoy. I've recently introduced myself to Tumaro's low-carb wraps (5g net per wrap), quick weekend breakfast, I scramble an egg with cheese & add precooked, bacon or sausage & wrap it up...done in 3 min or so. Many other options to wrap.
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    4 oz steak, 3 eggs, 2 sausage patties, 2tbsp of butter, 2 tbsp HWC, 10 black olives, 1 oz home shredded white sharp cheese, and a cup of green tea is what I'm eating for breakfast. :yum: Typically I eat bacon and eggs.
  • swift13b
    swift13b Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    If you eat eggs, make egg muffins! The carb count varies on what veggies you put in them but here is my breakfast from this past week:

o4o1n4at51fw.png

I don't always have the tomato sauce and sometimes I serve them with a little extra cheese on the side. You can basically just put anything you'd normally put in an omelette or frittata in them, like spinach, red pepper, onion, different kinds of cheeses (I've been meaning to try cottage cheese). I've also put mock meat in them before.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I alternate between two or three breakfasts. I am following LCHF so all low carb. One day is usually eggs (hardboiled or scrambles with some spinach and mozzerella...sometimes with sausage links or bacon, sometimes without). Another day I have a coconut milk or almond milk smoothie (1/2 scoop of shakeology) frozen spinach and a few strawberries. (sometimes I add pb for extra healthy fats or have some sausage links with it). And another day I have a homemade muesli type breakfast. (coconut cream, sunflower seeds, walnuts, macadamia nuts, coconut flakes, cinnamon, and some coconut or almond milk.)
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    I second or third the suggestion to ditch the notion of breakfast food and just eat the foods you enjoy -- you'll have a lot more options.

Inspiration: Breakfast foods from around the world
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Ditch breakfast foods and eat what you like. I tend to avoid breakfast and generally just do hot tea. When I do eat it, I eat what I want. If I want a burger, I eat a burger. Also, decide if you need breakfast as a meal or if you can "snack" it or do without it entirely. That may not be an option for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway!
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »
    Ditch breakfast foods and eat what you like. I tend to avoid breakfast and generally just do hot tea. When I do eat it, I eat what I want. If I want a burger, I eat a burger. Also, decide if you need breakfast as a meal or if you can "snack" it or do without it entirely. That may not be an option for you, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway!

Ditch breakfast foods??

Well in that case - go-to meal for anytime of the day, Chilli :)
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    2Poufs wrote: »

Ditch breakfast foods??

Well in that case - go-to meal for anytime of the day, Chilli :)

YASSSS!

99% of the time, the thought of anything for breakfast is barf-tastic for me. I might do a morning snack, but that's 5+ hours after I wake at 5am. Morning is unnatural, it should be illegal, and I'm only awake before noon because of that whole job/business thing. I married a morning person who LOVES breakfast. He's a sick freak.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on the breakfast front.

Black coffee see's me good till gone noon.