FREAKING VACATION WILL RUIN MY DIET! HELP!

Options
13»

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I've lost weight on our two recent vacas. Lots of walking, sensible but delicious eating, took my usual snacks with. So it's def possible to not gain. Have fun everyone!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Only you can ruin your own diet. Be active, be aware. That's all you can do.
  • Elisabuffy19
    Elisabuffy19 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It's a vacation, you're supposed to enjoy it. I went to Mexico for a week last year and ate+drank like Jabba the Hutt every day. Gained 2lbs, continued my progress as normal afterward.

Great reminder!

• erincivilla
    erincivilla Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    #1 RULE - Enjoy your vacation and do not concern yourself too much with your diet. The very last thing you would want to do is worry so much and then get home and regret.

I would say truly dive into the local fare. Thailand may have wonderful, fresh fruits and vegetables that you cannot find stateside! Instead of following the 80/20 rule (eating right 80% of the time), give your self some slack! Maybe try 60/40 or 50/50!

Also, I completely agree with those who talk about being active. We are headed to Maui at the end of September and while we take part in tropical drinks and food, we also take a 2 mile walk every morning. Is it my normal routine? No, not even close! But it is something!

Most of all - enjoy beautiful Thailand. I have not been, but based on pictures, it is breathtaking!