Need Supportive Friends

Options
Hi, all! I'm 22 and am in need of some awesome, supportive friends to help me along with my weight loss. I have Type 1 Diabetes, so losing weight has always been a challenge for me. My plan is to lose about 15 pounds, which may seem small to some of you, but it's very difficult with insulin pumping into my stomach every day, which essentially just puts fat on me in a matter of seconds! Every day I look at myself in the mirror and get pretty upset at my love handles, or my "tire" as I like to call it. I love love love the support I have seen as I have been browsing this website and am looking for some of that amazing, uplifting spirit to help me along in my journey, and to make a friend and fellow encourager, in return! Whether you are looking to lose 2, or 200 lbs, I want to be there to help you, the same way you'll be there to help me! I'm even up for sharing cell phones numbers to send encouraging texts through out the week to each other for motivation. I look forward to getting to know you all!! :smile:

Replies

• Shineonme06
    Shineonme06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I m here for u. I just strated this website and I love it. "It. great", especially the mobile app on my phone. "yes we can" have a life style change together. Take care
  • jolie123
    jolie123 Posts: 30
    Options
    We can do this! :) I'll add you...
  • elizwelshman
    elizwelshman Posts: 136
    Options
    I always love new friends, adding you :smile:
  • AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Supportive friends are awesome! I have a friend on here whose 2 yr old daughter has Diabetes as well. I'll tell her to add you too! You can do this and we are here to help! Good luck!
  • jhandley27
    jhandley27 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey, I'm pretty new here myself. I'll add you and we can help encourage each other... :-) I know it's not fun looking in the mirror and being unhappy with what you see, but we're all in the same boat, and we can do this!
  • jhandley27
    jhandley27 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey, I'm pretty new here myself. I'll add you and we can help encourage each other... :-) I know it's not fun looking in the mirror and being unhappy with what you see, but we're all in the same boat, and we can do this!
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well..I love having friends to accountable to on here...I am come a long way but it is still an every day thing..there are ups and downs and friends will be here to dust you off and cheer you up when you need it.
  • LINNETTE37
    LINNETTE37 Posts: 10
    Options
    Add me! welcome aboard!
  • dpiglar1989
    Options
    I feel you girl! I'm trying to shed those stubborn 20 pounds too! I can tell your a tough chick though, before you know you'll be checking out your flat stomach!!
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I've been on here a month and don't really have "friends" on here. This site has been very helpful in my journey so far. Feel free to add me if you need some extra encouragement, as there are days I need it myself!

Dave
  • crimsonlotus
    Options
    We can do it!!