How much should I be eating?

I'm very confused. I've done the calorie calculator on many different sites and they are all different! I'm 5 feet tall. I gained 46 pounds while pregnant and have lost 27. I was doing 1200 calorie days for the past 6ish weeks via the info I plugged in on this app, but I reached a point of frustrated hunger and decided 1.5 pounds a weeks is too aggressive for my goals so I changed it to 1 pound a week, which put me at 1440 calories a day according to MFP. My biggest concern is screwing up my metabolism. I want to do this in a healthy way and not be starving myself. I do also walk at least a mile a day and sometimes do yoga or other workouts.

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Ho much do you weigh now?

• amandakatherine968
    amandakatherine968 Posts: 13 Member
    edited August 2015
    125. Healthy range for me is 97 to 128. So being that I'm in the healthy range now I don't think I need to push myself too hard. I know a goal of 105 may seem over zealous but it's a healthy weight and what I've weighed for the past 10 years (other than my pregnancies) and basically I just want to fit in my clothes again. I really don't want to have to buy all new jeans, etc. I've always been very active and in shape. Losing weight is new to me and I want to be healthy over skinny. I wasn't allowed to exercise while pregnant and I ate terribly. I say I'm losing baby weight, but really it's ice cream and Oreo weight :)