4 Weeks - 22 pounds lost

Options
Yesterday was the hardest day yet, but I continued to stick with it. When I got on the scale last night, it was the first time I really felt like I can do this.

Replies

• comittobethin
    comittobethin Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep up the good work :)
  • MyChangeIsComing
    MyChangeIsComing Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • deannster1
    deannster1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling! Way to go!
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    What have u been doing
  • leababy4
    leababy4 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's impressive, great work! :)
  • RonFrances8
    RonFrances8 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    It works when you work it, great job!
  • efrensgirl2015
    efrensgirl2015 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous.
  • redshadow310
    redshadow310 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    ldtamika31 wrote: »
    What have u been doing

I've finally just put it all together, Before I might diet a bit, or I might exercise a bit. Now I track everything I eat and walk a mile+ 5 nights a week. More importantly, I let the people in my life help me. I've always been very defensive about my weight and the lifestyle choices that led to me gaining so much of it. The more serious I take this, the easier it is for me to accept what people say, not as attacks on me, but as genuine concern and encouragement.
  • dheejelita
    dheejelita Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    wahat did u eat everyday ? how you control your hunger and resist the meals temptation
  • redshadow310
    redshadow310 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I eat mostly the same things I ate before. The biggest thing I gave up was soda. I only have 1 a week, and I limit that to a can or two, instead of an extra large with every meal. I know that in the future I will have to give up more as my caloric needs decrease.

My target each day is 2500 calories. I usually don't eat much more than a granola bar for breakfast, but I make sure I have a hearty meal of about 1000 calories for lunch and dinner, leaving me another 400 to fill with snacks spread out over the day.

If I have a craving I give in and adjust. I eat a smaller lunch with a few extra light snacks during the day leaving me free to eat a nice big double cheese burger for dinner. Another key for me was making sure I always have food on hand at home, so when that late night craving hits, I don't hop in my car and head straight for the nearest drive through and eat an entire extra meal, instead of something lighter.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    One thing that will help you keep on track, is holding in your mind, a firm resolve to win at this. I didn't have as much to lose but i am now in my 10 month of maintaining and i started my journey 18 months ago. I've had a few ups and downs but I haven't been back above my healthy weight limit since i got below it. My resolve to never be fat again is one thing that's helping me make this work.

The way to manager hunger is to minimise it. Don't go hungry. Don't cut your calories severely. Eat your meals reasonably close together and try not to eat before bed time, ie after dinner so that its easy to lose overnight.

If you reduce your carbs to moderate levels and if the carbs you do eat are slow release carbs, this will give rise to less hunger. In keeping with that, keep your protein up. Fruit and vegetables are also very good at helping you feel satisfied longer. Cultivate a love of fruit and vegetables. Work towards it because when you are at a low body weight, you will need to be able to avoid hunger by eating much less. If you have worked out a healthy diet that you enjoy you will find it all much easier. Bad quality carbs are the main type of food that gives rise to so much appetite. Also being well nourished makes it easier to lose weight and stay healthy and mentally better balanced. Eating a lot of vegetables really and truly does make you feel better so its worth cultivating a love of these foods.

But other things are stress, low mood, fatigue and finally, you've run out of ready energy from food. You can feel the difference between these types of hunger so try to get in tune with your body.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!