WORKOUT/MOTIVATIONAL SONGS?

Options
Hey I've been on a kick of trying to discover some new and great music and I thought that maybe the people here on MFP had some favorites that you always go to when you are working out or that you turn on to motivate you! They can be goofy songs or hardcore!

I know this isn't the best workout song but here lately I listen to Who Says by Selena Gomez!! A line that makes me smile is "I'm no beauty queen, I'm just beautiful me"

So post away please and help me fill up my IPOD! :)

Replies

• scheys76
    scheys76 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
  • LINNETTE37
    LINNETTE37 Posts: 10
    Options
    Techno music always keeps me going
  • mtkautz
    mtkautz Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Try the band "Cage the Elephant" I can't stop myself from dancing and running at the same time, I probably look ridiculous.. but hey!! they are just that good! :)
  • newsammy11
    newsammy11 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Check out steady130.com! They have a bunch of remixes of Top 40 songs that I filled my iPod with. It's awesome!
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    this is so lame but i love the song "Hit em High" by busta rhymes off the Space Jam soundtrack lol and the song "300 Violin Orchestra" by Jorge Quintero always gets me pumped :)

other bands (and songs) on my play list are
    Alter Bridge (Slip to the Void and Isolation)
    Coheed and Cambria (Welcome Home)
    Avenged Sevenfold (Scream)
    Muse (Uprising, TIme is Running Out)
    Saliva (Ladies and Gentlemen)
    POD (Boom)
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    I am an 80"s hair band girl so Scorpions, Motley Crue etc. or Electronic or House Music as it usually has a constant beat and no words that I can run to.

My personal kicka$$ feel good about myself song is Bif Naked - I love Myself today.

It was funny you posted this I was thinking of doing the exact same thing...thanks everyone for the suggestions and I am going to give these all a listen!
  • RachelVerthein
    Options
    I usually listen to Pink. I love Pink. I like alot of rock music as well....I actually have alot of Marilyn Manson on my MP3 player. Weird I know. but some of the songs are well angry and get me pumped up. I know not alot of people like him for what he stands for but some of his music is good stuff to workout too. I like alot of Billy Idol stuff as well.
  • lclarkjr
    lclarkjr Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    When i'm running, my powersong is actually "Party in the USA" by Miley Cyrus. I don't know why but it pumps me up every time...
  • Macy_R
    Macy_R Posts: 91
    Options
    Awesome guys :) Thanks so much! I just needed to spice up my ipod and you guys named a lot of bands/songs/websites that I will HAVE to check out!!

You guys ROCK!! :)