Help!!

Options
I have been exercising everyday and working hard to maintain a 1200 calorie diet for two months with zero results. I haven't lost one pound or inch. I'm doing 45-60 minutes of cardio on the elliptical or treadmill plus weight toning and still NOTHING. I am getting frustrated.

Replies

• suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Your food diary is all over the place - different calorie goal every day and you aren't logging properly. I am 67 years old and on 1200 a day (which I keep to). I've only just started to do very moderate exercise but have lost 2lbs in the last 3 weeks. I don't think you are being honest with yourself. Calculate what calories you should be on to lose say 1lb a week then stick with that daily goal and log log log!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary, I would say your logging is suspect. Do you use a food scale? I think not. You have days where you have had very little to eat perhaps because you did not log very accurately. As for calorie burns, how are you calculating those?

You need to tighten up your logging :)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I can tell you exactly why you haven't lost a single pound...

Because your logging sucks. Period.

All I see is tbsp, cups and what not... it's not accurate. Get yourself an electric food scale and start weighing in grams and ounces...

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Start using a food scale. You have chicken thigh, 1 unit and you're measuring in cups. You aren't losing, because you're not eating in a deficit.
  • dmt4641
    dmt4641 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Inconsistent logging + generic food entries = you are eating more than you think. Get a food scale and read the stickies on how to log accurately. Also your calories burns seem pretty high. If you are using MFPs calorie burn estimates, then you are overestimating your calories burned as well. Eat back maybe 1/2 of what MFP says you burn.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Because of inconsistent logging and inaccuracies in your food log, you are eating more than you think.

You need to be more consistent and accurate with your logging. Some days are not completed, especially on the weekends. You need to make sure that you are logging everything.

Some of the entries that you are using may be causing even more inaccuracies. Using entries labeled "generic" and "homemade" should not be used (unless the homemade entries are ones you created). Don't use entries that use size in the description (example: peach, large). A food scale will also help with accuracy.

This thread will help explain how to find accurate entries in the MFP database:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1234699/logging-accurately-step-by-step-guide/p1

I would also suggest that you not eat back more than half of your exercise calories and figure out why the UA device is giving you an insanely high number for your exercise burns.

• NAS702
    NAS702 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do try to log my meals, but am sometimes unable to keep up with the daily log. I don't think it's suspect, I don't lie on myself. No I do not use a food scale I use the search option in the the food entries and it tells me the portion and calories. I didn't know that weight list was based on how well I logged into an app.
  • NAS702
    Options
    My exercise calorie burns are my actual work outs. I put in the calories amounts that I actually burn, not what this app tells me I should burn. I actually think they are very low.
  • dmt4641
    Options
    Read the sticky jkal1979 posted. There are other great stickies on the subject. One fried chicken thigh vs. another fried chicken thigh can be 100-200 different in calories, depending on the size and ingredients used. That mistake several times a day can mean eating 300-500 calories more than you think. Plus you are overestimating your calorie burns by several hundred a day. Eating 300 more plus burning 200 less means you are not eating in a deficit.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    NAS702 wrote: »
    I do try to log my meals, but am sometimes unable to keep up with the daily log. I don't think it's suspect, I don't lie on myself. No I do not use a food scale I use the search option in the the food entries and it tells me the portion and calories. I didn't know that weight list was based on how well I logged into an app.

It's ALL ABOUT how well you log. Exercise is irrelevant, its about what/how much you're eating. If you're not losing, you're not eating at a deficit. It's that simple. Tighten up the logging and the pounds will start falling off.
  • dmt4641
    Options
    If you aren't losing weight than you underestimating your intake or over estimating calorie burns or both. Try weighing your food and see if that helps.
  • NAS702
    Options
    Oh I see what you mean by high calories. That I s an under armor calorie adjuster. I don't know what it is or how yo turn it off. I don't go by that. I put in the actual calories I burn from my workouts which is on average about 400 calories per day.
  • dmt4641
    Options
    Try working on your logging for a while and keep the exercise calories burned the same and see if that makes a difference.
  • jkal1979
    jkal1979 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Oh I see what you mean by high calories. That I s an under armor calorie adjuster. I don't know what it is or how yo turn it off. I don't go by that. I put in the actual calories I burn from my workouts which is on average about 400 calories per day.

You will probably have to go into apps and devices and disconnect it.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1082614-how-do-i-link-or-unlink-myfitnesspal-with-an-app-gallery-partner-

If you are getting the calorie burns from the elliptical machine itself, it's still not going to be accurate.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options

Lol you are lying to yourself... you can't even see it.
  • NAS702
    Options
    Isaack I don't need you to come on my post and be rude. I don't have to lie to anyone, the only person I am accountable to is me and I see and know what I eat.
  • IsaackGMOON
    Options
    Isaack I don't need you to come on my post and be rude. I don't have to lie to anyone, the only person I am accountable to is me and I see and know what I eat.

Well it comes down to this; do you want to lose weight?

If the answer is yes... start logging your food with a food scale and be honest with yourself

If the answer is yes and it doesn't happen... then the question is; do you actually want to lose weight?
  • NAS702
    Options
    I don't see that underarmour as one of my apps. I can't seem to delete it. It just popped up recently and I don't know how or where to turn it off.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    the only person I am accountable to is me and I see and know what I eat.
    The most important thing is to log everything that you put into your mouth accurately so that you can look at your food diary to see exactly what you ate.

Weigh solids on a food scale and liquids with measuring cups and spoons. Make sure that you are using database entries with accurate nutrient values that allow for gram weights or create a new entry with accurate info if you can't find one in the database.

If you are somewhere that doesn't have access to your food diary, write down what you eat/drink and then put it in later.

You can't chase down problems with your calorie intake if you don't have an accurate record of your calorie intake.
  • jdleanna
    jdleanna Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    NAS, the search function in MFP brings back plenty of inaccurate entries for food. You may be trying to be accurate but looking at your log, I can see that it isnt. You're eating more calories than you realize. Read the sticky posted in this thread and you'll learn how to be better at finding the right calories for the food you're eating.