Losing weight but still drinking beer?!

Options
i like both!! Can I keep it up and still lose weight or am I kidding myself? Anyone let loose and drink even right after a workout session??

Replies

• tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but no...at least not me. I had to give up beer and wine before the weight would come off. I miss it more than I miss the food sometimes......lol!
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Fit it into your calorie allowance and you will lose weight just fine.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    As with everything, yes, in moderation. I lost 70 lbs generally allowing myself two pints twice a week. I stayed away from the high alcohol, high calorie brews --hefeweizens are an excellent way to keep down the calories with good beer. In the last few months i've lost that discipline, started consuming more alcohol calories and have stopped losing weight. I'm close enough to goal that I'll accept the trade off.
  • DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    i have drinked a nice cold (beer) after a few workouts its np for me.. also lost 50 lbs while drinking beer almost everyday and sometimes hard liquor.. beer is my better option sence it's so much more liquid for less calories.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Creating a calorie deficit is all that matters for weight loss. You can absolutely continue to drink alcohol, beer, wine, etc and lose weight. I have 1-2 glasses of wine pretty much every day and have lost 30 lbs and am successfully maintaining.

• beefcake_4000
    beefcake_4000 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    skip bread rice pasta potatoes for the day and youll have room for a beer or 3
  • guyburton
    guyburton Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    skip bread rice pasta potatoes for the day and youll have room for a beer or 3

Calories in vs Calories Out..

As long as you are still eating below your maintenance you will lose weight. The bigger problem with Alcohol is people typically lose will power well drinking and consume the pizza/chips/candy of the world.
  • JaredThom
    JaredThom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've lost 35 and still drink I don't drink everyday but once every two weeks I tie a good one on usually sets me back a day but still need to do some of the things you enjoy
  • tziol
    tziol Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    just count the calories for that and dont exceed the limit you calculated. 500ml can of beer can be around 250cals which is not a lot
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds and still drank, but I significantly reduced my intake to once or twice a week. I'm maintaining now and have a drink most nights, maybe up to 3 if socializing. If I drink anymore I get a hangover, not fat.
  • darkcrow13
    darkcrow13 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It's good to see that u r still losing weight at the same time as allowing urself a few drinks, thks!! Cheers!!
  • Marinemomm
    Marinemomm Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I still have girls night with my friends... I just allow for that in my calorie plan. You can't stop living!