tea?

Options
What are high quality teas that are healthy and get more benefits out of it?Is fuze ice tea even a healthy tea?

Replies

• mmutluaydin
    mmutluaydin Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I guess pure green tea is the best as it's gone through minimal oxidation during processing. That's what I drink a cup every morning.
  • CatShelton
    CatShelton Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    For the most part, anything you buy bottled in a store is so full of sugar that any benefits in the tea they used to brew it are cancelled out. Make it at home if you want health benefits. Green tea has some great anti oxidants.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    get tea bags and make your tea at home. i personally like making green iced tea. in the winter i really enjoy a cup of Earl Grey on a snowy day.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    kimmaltsev wrote: »
    What are high quality teas that are healthy and get more benefits out of it?

What benefits are you looking for in a tea?
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    What are high quality teas that are healthy and get more benefits out of it?Is fuze ice tea even a healthy tea?

Benefits that come from drinking tea:
    -caffeine
    -it tastes good
    -it can fill you up if you're prone to boredom eating
    -That's it that's the list.

And before someone comes along and says "but green tea!": http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16277999

If drinking Fuze fits in your calories and you like the taste, go for it. I don't know about "healthy" because I put it in the koolaid category.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I drink herbal teas, some medicinal with herbs that help with digestion, immune boosting during cold and flu season and at night if I can't sleep, relaxing blends. I also drink fruit teas for taste and sweeten with stevia. I prefer loose leaf over tea bags, the tea is less processed, less powdery and has more flavor.
  • the_nerdgasm
    the_nerdgasm Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    For caffeine, black tea will have the most. Green tea also has caffeine, but not as much. Personally, I shop at adagio.com and have a subscription to Just Add Honey (a monthly box that sends you tea and honey). I use mostly loose leaf tea. I like Irish Breakfast with a tiny bit of sugar or honey in the morning, a couple cups of green tea throughout the day, and some herbal tea at night. Jasmine tea is my favorite tea of all time.

I don't find any tea to be more filling than another. It's just hot, slightly flavored water. But it does give me something to consume.

Herbal tea isn't actually tea because it doesn't have Camellia Sinensis leaves in it. Most herbal tea has no caffeine in it either. Just a heads up.
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I drink jasmine pearl organic green tea(loose leaf). 100 grams costs about 25-30 bucks, but can be found online cheaper sometimes. It's a bit on the expensive side, but tastes absolutely delicious. I love it so much that I never sweeten it.

I also drink tisane (herbal tea). My favourites are camomile, passion flower, basil and ginger. In the winter I also make "tea" with cinnamon and star anise.
    I drink the Passion flower and the camomile tea unsweetened, the others are usually sweetend.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    How about something warm and soothing?

Thousand year red flower.

http://www.eicfinefoods.com/products/thousand-year-red-loose-tea-pouch/
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    What are high quality teas that are healthy and get more benefits out of it?

What benefits are you looking for in a tea?

The only benefit I'm looking for in tea or coffee is CAFFEINE!!!!!!!! I need it in large quantities! Lol
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

Made with best leaves

It's just about taste

There are no health benefits to tea
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    The pure leaf unsweetened tea is really good if you can't make your own
  • whee1234
    whee1234 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

Benefits that come from drinking tea:
    -caffeine
    -it tastes good
    -it can fill you up if you're prone to boredom eating
    -That's it that's the list.

Nuh uh. You forgot that on a hot day you can cool down with an iced tea and that on a cold day you can warm up with a hot tea. So temperature. That belongs on the list.