Saying good bye to emotional eating after losing my dad!

Options
Saying good bye to emotional eating after losing my dad!

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    My condolences.
    This is a hard loss that will never be recovered. I lost my Dad too and I am an emotional eater.
    I made a resolution to honor his memory by working hard to keep myself healthy and fit.
    My medical insurance offers "free advice" via phone for weight loss issues. I took it and it has been very helpful with managing my emotional eating.
    Maybe you can ask your insurance company.
    Good luck in your healthy journey
  • _Butterflies_And_Chaos_
    Options
    I'm sincerely sorry for your loss... my heart goes out to you <3<3
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Sorry for your loss.

I have lost both of my parents and was an emotional eater until a year ago.

In my case the doctors wanted to start Enbrel injections to manage my pain levels which was when I hit rock bottom. The cancer risks were too great in my mind to start on Enbrel so I looked to diet to cut out my pain. Cutting out most forms of sugar and all grains and adding coconut oil and other like fats for about a year now has address my pain levels very well, let me get down to 200 pounds range for the first time in 22 years. Oh it also has cured my 40 years of IBS after six months of eat very low carb high fat.

Now what works for me may be very wrong for another. This is just what this old man did that finally worked out well. My health at 64 is much better than it was at 44.

Research and read until you find the foods that will help you be as healthy as you can be for as long as you can be.