Again, I'm back...again. Consistency needed.

Options
_SASX_
_SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
The tricky thing is consistency. And getting consistency is hard....you have to be consistent at it to be effective and it to be a habit. That's my problem.

My problem is being consistent with MFP, in my eating and tracking the foods and drinks I put in my mouth. I've got the workout part down. I'm almost finished Insanity Max:30 (1 week to go), and my eating is mostly good, but not great, not all the time and I haven't been on MFP or tracked anything in a really long time.

I also believe that I need to reward myself when I do track my foods and exercises for the day.
A few years ago, I was really consistent and tracking everything and I lost 90 pounds over 14 months. I've gained about 1/2 of that back now, and I'm sick and tired of not feeling like I used to. Of not looking like I did, and not being able to wear the clothes that I invested in after my weight loss. Now I go to Value Village to buy clothes because this size is not permanent and I don't want to spend a lot of money on clothes when I'm hoping soon I'll not need them anymore.

But I have to work on being consistent in tracking my foods and workouts here on MFP. If I can do that, I will also be making the conscious effort into what I'm using to fuel my body. So I'm going to find a non-food motivator that I can use as a reward that will help with will power and consistency. I am also going to make my trackers public so that anyone can see what I've been up to.

I don't always eat healthy, but I do try to take the healthiest option. I rarely drink anything but water, so that helps, too. I'm almost done a tough endurance based HIIT and bodyweight strength workouts and am thinking I need more serious lifting in my future that I can do in my small workout area at home.

Are you in a situation like me? Is consistency hard for you, too? How did you surpass it or are you still struggling with it? Do you use rewards to help you get through? How do you feel about ST or HIIT?

Talk to me people, keep me coming back.

Replies

• yoyowoman123
    yoyowoman123 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ive been a yo yoer all my life as you can tell by the name :) it is a hard battle... but the awards atslimming world keep me motivated. try different motivation techs like.... awards, sticker charts,,, gifts for your self like new top or perfume every half a stone u lose x theres no escape really or cheat... everything healthy, gym, and a treat now and again x
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    also believe that I need to reward myself when I do track my foods and exercises for the day.

This could be a stumbling block...feeling you need to reward yourself for eating healthy and working out. These are healthy things we need to be doing for our bodies for the rest of our lives. By rewarding ourselves it can sometimes turn into a 'good/bad' relationship with food and exercise.

It's great you drink water as your main drink, I love water and can't imagine drinking anything else. :)

Welcome back and know that we're all here to support you remember it's each one of us that has to keep us on our own path and coming back. It's a tough road some days friends can support but not keep a person coming back, that's our job, our own commitment. You CAN do THIS!! ;)

Look for motivation within, that's where it truly comes from, hit the before and after section, super motivating to see the changes everyone has made.

• mikestobbs1
    mikestobbs1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    If you don't want this bad enough you will never do it. Truth.
  • misterdale67
    misterdale67 Posts: 171 Member
    Options

+1
  • 50andfabu
    50andfabu Posts: 112 Member
    Options

Agreed. And I needed to hear that too.
  • NerdLifeStace
    NerdLifeStace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Was on here a few years ago and had to make a new profile. Lost 100+ pounds. Then fell off track . Need motivational friends to help with my new diet and health plan as per my doctor....
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That's what I struggle most w too! But once in the "groove" it gets easier to stick w it.. Feel free to add me anyone!
  • _SASX_
    _SASX_ Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement. I am going to really work at being on MFP daily to track foods and exercise and get more involved in the community, too.

I met a friend at the local Timmes today and only had tea! so that is a step in the right direction. and so far I'm on track with my tracking, too!

I'm going to find some cool/cute stickers, and write my workouts on my wall calendar. That way, when I'm done a workout, I can put a sticker on it to show it's complete. Even rest days will be scheduled. Hopefully my whole calendar will be filled with stickers to show how I've been doing! I think looking at the calendar half filled will really motivate me to keep going.

Wonder if I should do it for food tracking, too?