1200 cal a day from now till xmas and really want to lose bellyfat. Is this you??????

Options

Replies

• flattumme
    flattumme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    flattumme wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Why only 10 women?

Sometimes the reason is that if you make it seem exclusive, more people will want to join. This is also a common method used in MLM type sales (not saying OP is doing that)

Or perhaps she only has 10 of each of what she is selling, IDK :)

Queenliz you are very sceptical and negative.

There are people on here selling their junk, I was just feeling you out, sorry. I am actually very funny to be around. I think you would like me. You could add me if you like, I am super supportive. Typed words are hard to convey positivity :D

Ah I have experienced the sales people on this alright and that is not on my agenda. I want to be part of a supportive group who will report weekly progress and work together to achieve positive results. I will join you no probs

1200 a day calorie group. Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today.
    Above is the name of my group. please request to join and I will join yu
  • dianamaine
    dianamaine Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, I would like to do this with you. I am 51 and most of my life weighed between 138-144. I now weigh a horrifying165 and am committed to lose 30 pounds by end of year with diet/strength training/cardio. It would be great to be part of a small group for support, so count me in. I am eating 1000-1200 calories and want to lose fat and tighten up for sure!
  • flattumme
    Options
    1200 a day calorie group. Ten focused supportive and determined women in 40's only starting today.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I'll join the 1200 for breakfast group if there is one...
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Why oh WHY do so many women default to 1200 calories? Unless you're lying in a coma all day, you can almost certainly eat more than that and lose weight, and without being miserable and hungry all the time. I had 35 lbs to lose and lost it all eating more than 1200 calories per day. The lowest my calorie intake got was 1650. The highest was 1850, and I was still steadily losing weight from week to week. And I've got a desk job, so it's not like my activity level is through the roof.

There's no reason to lose 2 lbs/week. This is a marathon, not a race. In my experience that includes 5-6 years of yo-yo dieting, the faster you lose it, the faster you gain it back. The reason for this is that rapid weight loss is achieved by radical and/or very low calorie diets. These are simply not sustainable, or enjoyable, so most of us go a little crazy after the weight is gone and end up overeating until it all comes back because we've been depriving ourselves for so long. Making sustainable changes to your diet is key - not cutting out foods entirely, which you'd have to do with only 1200 calories to spare.

Of course, it's your decision if you want to continue eating such a measly amount of food, but I hope you realize that a lot of us have managed to lose on higher calorie goals, and we're not special snowflakes. If we did it, you can do it.
  • hart2heart69
    hart2heart69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I would join you. I am currently doing 1200 calories a day and am in my mid 40's. I too am looking for a support group to weigh in with. I find that helps with accountability as well as encouraging each other in our weight loss journey.
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Why oh WHY do so many women default to 1200 calories? Unless you're lying in a coma all day, you can almost certainly eat more than that and lose weight, and without being miserable and hungry all the time. I had 35 lbs to lose and lost it all eating more than 1200 calories per day. The lowest my calorie intake got was 1650. The highest was 1850, and I was still steadily losing weight from week to week. And I've got a desk job, so it's not like my activity level is through the roof.

There's no reason to lose 2 lbs/week. This is a marathon, not a race. In my experience that includes 5-6 years of yo-yo dieting, the faster you lose it, the faster you gain it back. The reason for this is that rapid weight loss is achieved by radical and/or very low calorie diets. These are simply not sustainable, or enjoyable, so most of us go a little crazy after the weight is gone and end up overeating until it all comes back because we've been depriving ourselves for so long. Making sustainable changes to your diet is key - not cutting out foods entirely, which you'd have to do with only 1200 calories to spare.

Of course, it's your decision if you want to continue eating such a measly amount of food, but I hope you realize that a lot of us have managed to lose on higher calorie goals, and we're not special snowflakes. If we did it, you can do it.

+1.
    I get the feeling all these women aren't teeny, tiny little 5 footers. No reason they can't lose on 1600-1800/ month. It will be easier to normalize that once it comes time to eat maintanance.
  • aledba
    Options
  • flattumme
    Options
    aledba wrote: »

+1.
    I get the feeling all these women aren't teeny, tiny little 5 footers. No reason they can't lose on 1600-1800/ month. It will be easier to normalize that once it comes time to eat maintanance.
    we don't have 35 pounds to lose and it is an average as there is days we are over but you make your choice and my group will make ours
  • flattumme
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'll join the 1200 for breakfast group if there is one...
    Sorry women only

• flattumme
    Options
  • flattumme
    Options
    We are not starving but eating plenty of good food at least I am not and I am eating lots of good food and a bit of everything but not too much of anything. I also go over the 1200 regularly but it is good motivation to stay focused on not going overboard to have a target of this amount of calories and that is what mfp has calculated for my weight and height and goal so I will do my thing and my group will too and ye go and do yours. Nobody asked for your opinion
  • aledba
    Options
    Did you even read it?
  • aledba
    edited August 2015
    Options
    We are not starving but eating plenty of good food at least I am not and I am eating lots of good food and a bit of everything but not too much of anything. I also go over the 1200 regularly but it is good motivation to stay focused on not going overboard to have a target of this amount of calories and that is what mfp has calculated for my weight and height and goal so I will do my thing and my group will too and ye go and do yours. Nobody asked for your opinion

You're on a public website. If you can't handle people questioning something on a forum, you aren't cut out for the internet. If it works for you, that's great. But is 1200 at least meeting your BMR? If not, that's dangerous.
  • USAMcK
    USAMcK Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Why only 10 women?

Sometimes the reason is that if you make it seem exclusive, more people will want to join. This is also a common method used in MLM type sales (not saying OP is doing that)

Or perhaps she only has 10 of each of what she is selling, IDK :)

Queenliz you are very sceptical and negative.

There are people on here selling their junk, I was just feeling you out, sorry. I am actually very funny to be around. I think you would like me. You could add me if you like, I am super supportive. Typed words are hard to convey positivity :D

NOPE! YOU'RE A JERK AND NOW WE ALL KNOW IT BECAUSE YOU POSTED TWO SENTENCES!

LOL J/K. I like your skepticism. Add me. :)
  • EMJ421
    EMJ421 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am also on a 1200 per day. I am 55 years old and a vegan and generally eat healthy no matter what.... but trying to lose 25 lbs and a 1200 calorie diet is the only way to go. I exercise 5-6 times a week and I just hate the stubborn weight gain so this time I am really concentrating on getting enough protein and hope this will help. Good luck to the rest of you too.
  • msallycat108
    msallycat108 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to join. That's me, and I'm in my mid40s
  • flattumme
    Options
    Above is the title of the group I have formed so please request to join and I will join you
  • vickiv16134
    vickiv16134 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I am looking for fellow 1200 cal a day mfp pal friends to weigh in as a group each wedensday and give measurement progress each three weeks. Also those who would like to weekly discuss ups and downs and exchange tips and support on losing stubborn bellyfat and midriff fat. Preferably women in 40s who start to realise this problem. The most I am looking for in this group is ten women. Please don't join if unless you are sure you are going to commit to this group from now till xmas.

• rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    I'm 56 and at around 1200 a day. As to the commenter who said that 1200 is starving, if you are smaller and post-menopausal, the metabolism slows way down at that point, and that may be all this woman needs. I use a fitbit HR, and my typical calorie usage on a less active day is less than 1200. If OP posts her stats (height and current weight), that would be helpful. I'm around 120 lbs. and do lots of core work to keep a decent waist size (27" not bad for an old broad). If you can't do "floor core" like pilates, crunches or yoga, there are kickboxing videos with twisting moves and standing leg lifts that will work that area. I do a class on Fridays that's great for that. The definition won't show though until you lose a few lbs. first.