Another school year, another teacher trying to lose weight.

Options
Hello everyone!

I am a long-time member of MFP, but have been inactive in the last few years. I had a lot of success during my undergraduate thanks to unlimited healthy food (yay, meal plan!) and free gym facilities. I've found dieting during adulthood to be a much greater challenge. I've had a few years of financial instability while starting out my teaching career, but I think I'm in a good place now to get back on track. I am starting my fourth school year working as a substitute teacher and my second year of graduate school.

I'm looking for some new, currently active friends who may or may not be in similar situations. I have about 80 pounds to lose to get to my lowest weight and another 20 after that to get to my ultimate goal.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    We've all been there. Good luck losing. I've found that as long as I log every single day and I log as accurately as I can, the weight comes off. It's amazing when you realize exactly how much you've been eating without even realizing it. MFP has helped me lose more than 70 pounds and keep it off. You've got this. :flowerforyou:
  • Justifier
    Justifier Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks, davis! I lost about 60 pounds back in undergrad using MFP, so I know it works. I just gotta stick to it!
  • mewilliams11
    mewilliams11 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log in daily & have been really pleased with my results using MFP for the past 30 days.
  • aurora184
    aurora184 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll sent you and add request. I'm also a substitute teacher (just had my first day of the new school year, last Friday and guess what.... A birthday treat from one of the students.... sigh LOL
  • Justifier
    Options
    aurora184 wrote: »
    I'll sent you and add request. I'm also a substitute teacher (just had my first day of the new school year, last Friday and guess what.... A birthday treat from one of the students.... sigh LOL

Oh my. I know one of my biggest challenges will be the teacher's lounge Wednesdays. I'm working long call at a school I love, but they all take turns bringing in treats on Wednesdays. The school has some amazing bakers.
  • meganisaacson
    meganisaacson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh I'm a teacher too!! :)
  • AmandaRaeK
    AmandaRaeK Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for new friends for support, and I'm a teacher as well!
  • sherry1159
    sherry1159 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I teach middle school and would love to be friends!
  • Justifier
    Options
    sherry1159 wrote: »
    I teach middle school and would love to be friends!

Middle school teachers are a special breed. I love it! My students from student teaching are starting high school this year. I'm so proud of them! :p

• atruckerswife
    atruckerswife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am starting my first year subbing in my 40s after finishing 5 years in university. Lots of paper writing pounds on this body. Been counting calories with small bits of exercise. Feel free to add me!
  • ajff
    ajff Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit farther along than you, I've been here 1.5 years, lost 90ish pounds; a few dozen more to go. I teach HS and am hoping the new school year ahead will be the one in which I reach my goal weight!

Add me if you'd like.
  • Justifier
    Options
    ajfuelling wrote: »
    I'm a bit farther along than you, I've been here 1.5 years, lost 90ish pounds; a few dozen more to go. I teach HS and am hoping the new school year ahead will be the one in which I reach my goal weight!

Add me if you'd like.

Good work! I've actually been a member of MFP for about six years. I was very active the first couple years, then dropped off into obscurity. I teach high schoolers in the summer and I love it. (I actually love every grade, and I've taught them all! PreK and up!)
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Whoop for the teachers!! I am a Junior at Mary Lou Fulton Teachers College at ASU! My major: Sec. Ed! :-) I am not trying to lose weight, but could definitely help a teacher out. I am a geology major (the focus), but I have a wealth of knowledge and resources on nutrition. I consider it my first hobby.

Add me if you like. My diet is probably a bit different, but it works and keeps me healthy!
  • JWhiteaker85
    JWhiteaker85 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a special education inclusive middle school teacher! I, too, am looking for motivation to get to my goal weight by the end of May-53 pounds to lose! Please add me! :-)
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Feel free, anyone, to add me. I keep an open diary, and try to be active on status updates.