Good foods to lose those last 10-15lbs?

Options
Hi everyone. I currently weigh 137.8lbs and I basically only need to lose 10-15lbs to be at that healthy weight for my size according to my doctor. I'm 5'2" ( kinda short ) my main trouble area is my stomach and I know my diet has a lot to do with it. So I was just wondering if anyone knows any good foods to help get rid of the hard belly fat/ water retention. I will say I do drink at least 8 cups of water everyday, I have always eaten foods that are supposed to help you lose belly fat but I haven't seen much of a change. I've eat avocados, eggs, nuts, spinach, pineapple, apples ect. Maybe I'm not getting enough though? Someone please help because it's sorta stressing me out...and stress only makes things worse...:/ thank you!

Replies

• acetheartistofanime
    Options
    P.S this is currently what I am struggling with.qtnhcbfegkr1.jpg
    zbqwiyxga9v8.jpg
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    There are no special foods which make you lose more weight. Weight loss comes from a caloric deficit.
  • makemybodysing
    makemybodysing Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The whole "lose belly fat by eating special foods" thing is a complete myth. If you research it, you'll find all these "special foods" do is stop bloating, which can make your stomach look fatter than it really is.

I agree about the posture - if you learn not to stick your butt out, then your tummy won't stick out either! Other than that, just keep working on your diet and review your ab workout.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    unfortunately there is no magic food to help burn fat...just patience and consistently being in an energy deficit.

that said, I am an advocate of a balanced diet consisting largely of whole foods and meals prepared from scratch, whole ingredients...lots of veg, some fruit, whole grains, legumes, potatoes and sweet potatoes, lean sourced protein and fats from things like avocado, nuts, olive oil, avocado oil, etc.

I eat such a diet for the most part, and it really helps with bloating and is also packed with pretty awesome nutrition...and as I don't log, it makes it easy to maintain my weight because it's much harder to over eat when eating this way.
  • RhodeWarrior401
    RhodeWarrior401 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I currently weigh 137.8lbs and I basically only need to lose 10-15lbs to be at that healthy weight for my size according to my doctor. I'm 5'2" ( kinda short ) my main trouble area is my stomach and I know my diet has a lot to do with it. So I was just wondering if anyone knows any good foods to help get rid of the hard belly fat/ water retention. I will say I do drink at least 8 cups of water everyday, I have always eaten foods that are supposed to help you lose belly fat but I haven't seen much of a change. I've eat avocados, eggs, nuts, spinach, pineapple, apples ect. Maybe I'm not getting enough though? Someone please help because it's sorta stressing me out...and stress only makes things worse...:/ thank you!

P.S this is currently what I am struggling with.

Stress does make things worse, not only losing body fat, but it can be a nuisance for everything in life. There are no magic foods that will melt fat. A few tips - this is an obvious one, calorie deficit. More lean protein, your body uses more energy (calories) to digest protein than any other macro. Be careful when eating nuts, they are wwwaayyy too easy to go overboard with and are very calorie dense and have high levels of fat, albeit good fat, but still fat . I myself started to stall out at one point, and then i cut out almonds/low fat cheese (one of my favorite snacks) from my diet for a while, and the weight then continued to drop off. More greens! Replace any grains with greens, use lettuce for wraps/sandwiches instead of any bread. I would try and avoid bread and sugar as much as possible unless its a cheat day. Add some strength training days along with some cardio. Make sure you get enough sleep! As far as the whole "this is what im struggling with".. you look damn good girl, dont worry about it, just keep on eating sensible within a calorie deficit, and add a little strength training to go along with the cardio and you can lose the 10-15 and then some if you choose. You can do this!!!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    G-BOMBS: Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, and Seeds
    Love Dr. Fuhrman's Diet.

No.

Deficit only. :)
  • IsaackGMOON
    IsaackGMOON Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    G-BOMBS: Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, and Seeds
    Love Dr. Fuhrman's Diet.

No...

The only way to lose fat is a caloric deficit... it is impossible to target certain areas in which we lose fat.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    for me it is eliminating or reducing sugar (w the occasional sweet treat so I dont go crazy), low carb and low GI. I previously thought OMG this looks hard I dont think I can do this! but now I have learnt it is totally doable. I hope you find your own way.