how to add a home made shake on MFP

Options
On MFP how do I add the nutritional count for a home made shake do I put in every fruit i put in the shake on the app or is there a way to search a home made shake?

Replies

• sarahdiedrich
    sarahdiedrich Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Personally, I weigh and add each ingredient individually as I throw it into my blender.
  • jacobburch075
    jacobburch075 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll try that
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    Or you could go into Recipes and add the ingredients for your shake. It's then available to easily log in future.
  • JeffBrown3
    JeffBrown3 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    babason2 wrote: »
    Or you could go into Recipes and add the ingredients for your shake. It's then available to easily log in future.
    That's how I do it, that way all u have to do next time is change the grams of each item you add.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have a smoothie everyday for lunch. My diary is open if you want to take a look.

I just place the cup on my scale, add an ingredient then press tare, add the next ingredient, tare and so on and so on.
  • jacobburch075
    jacobburch075 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I made a recipe and saved it
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys I made a recipe and saved it

That's what I would do too. Except my bananas never weigh the same, so I change their weight everyday, plus I often chop and change the ingredients. So for me, it's just easier to do it on a daily basis, or "copy yesterday" and then tweak the weights.

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new, but the recipes method seems to work.

I have to admit, I don't adjust for things as small as the daily banana size, but I can now see that as a flaw! :) Over the course of a day those small things add up.
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Also, just add it as a "meal". I have pre and post workout meals pre-defined...

R