Picking a goal weight.

Options
Is anyone els having a really hard time picking a goal weight? i really want to be 150 but idk how i will look at 150 and 5,2 could anyone post pictures if your 5,2 and 150 post a body picture i would just like to get an idea i don't want to be to skinny so i think 150 would be a good weight..

Replies

• Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Just pick a weight that sounds reasonable. If you aren't happy when you get there, just readjust your goal.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Is anyone els having a really hard time picking a goal weight? i really want to be 150 but idk how i will look at 150 and 5,2 could anyone post pictures if your 5,2 and 150 post a body picture i would just like to get an idea i don't want to be to skinny so i think 150 would be a good weight..

It still isn't going to matter if you see someone else's pictures. A lot of people my height have a goal weight 10 or 20 lbs lower than mine. I know what I look like at my goal weight and another 10 or 20 lbs would be too way too thin but looks fine on them.

I'm also in clothes right now that I fit in to when I was 10 lbs lighter last time round (I'm losing weight after pregnancy this time round).

Pick a number, work towards that an evaluate as you get there. It doesn't have to be set in stone.
  • SaffronSunrise
    SaffronSunrise Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I set a mini goal because I didn't want to think about a big number. Once I get to my first mini goal, I'll set another one of maybe 20 or 30 more pounds.
  • kkzmom11
    kkzmom11 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    IMHO, there is no "picking a goal weight". either your doctor tells you what you should weigh, or your body tells you when it refuses to lose any more.
  • eileensofianmushinfine
    Options
    I've set mini-goals for my health/fitness journey. First goal was 25 pounds. Second goal was another 25 pounds. At this point, I think I'm going to plan to lose another 30 pounds BUT, I'm going to do it by reaching 10 pound increments -- and see how I look/feel at each weight. I have not been below 175 since I was 25 years old -- I'm 51 now.
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone something iv thought about that just because your 150 and 5,2 someone els the exact same weight and height could look different because everybody's body's are different so lets say someone wears a M and are 150 and than another person could wear a size L and be at 150 also.
  • TiffanyElaine89
    TiffanyElaine89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My highest weight ever was 256 at 5'6 in HS. I thought when I got down to 175 I would feel awesome...nope. Then I thought when I get down to 150 I'd feel skinny...nope lol. Now at 152 I feel ok, wouldn't die if I was this weight for the rest of my life but now I'm trying for 135. I think you won't really know your goal weight until you get there.
  • Madame_Goldbrick
    Madame_Goldbrick Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 HW 224, LW (since mfp) 164, CW 184... I'm currently ok with it!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,998 Member
    Options
    My aim was to be within the healthy BMI range for my height.

Yes I know BMI has limitations but I also know when I had a BMI of 28, it wasn't because I was extremely muscular or had an outlier body shape - it was plain old. Because I was overweight.

Now that I have a BMI of 23 (at 62kg) my aim is to stay there.
  • Tahlia68
    Tahlia68 Posts: 204 Member
    Options

You cant compare with pictures? You will know when you get to your ideal weight by the way you look and feel. Never compare to other people. good luck.