Petite/shorties...If you don't mind me asking...

Options
1919jd
1919jd Posts: 3 Member
What are peoples height, weight and goal weight?

I'm 5ft3 & starting out at approx. 161 lb. According to BMI & my nurse i'm overweight!

My boobs are too big for my frame (maybe oversharing!) and I have quite muscly legs so although I could do with losing a few pounds & toning up I don't 'feel' overweight.

Like to hear everyone else's stats and how they feel at their current size?! :#

Replies

• Detroitcity86
    Detroitcity86 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey, im 5'2" currently 178lbs, i have huge boobs as well lol. I actually like the way my body looks at this weight.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft0. I'm down to 101lbs currently and honestly I still feel overweight. I have only lost 29lbs but I feel skinny fat and need to firm up. I'm thinking my goal weight will be something around 95lbs. I will always be curvy- I have 12 inches between waist and hips at any weight as I'm an hourglass- and I hold most of my weight on my bum and tum. My profile picture was around 95-98lbs I think.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and fluctuate between 125 to 135 pounds, wear a size 4/6 jeans (US), and have significantly more normal sized boobs than I did when I weighed 200+ pounds.
  • FinntheVeggie
    FinntheVeggie Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and I began at 140 lbs, which BMI-wise was just past the threshold into the overweight category. Now I'm 128 lbs and I'm hoping to keep going until 115. Some days I feel pretty skinny, I seem to carry most of the weight in my tummy so my legs/arms/face look pretty good...but when I see photos of myself I always remember why I'm doing this.
  • stephchadz
    stephchadz Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4" and started at 162. I was the same place as you, my doctor said I was overweight but I felt comfortable at my size. I am now currently 140 and I feel much better at this size than I did before. I feel a lot healthier and am able to be much more active which is wonderful.

I also have big boobs which I thought were too big as well, but when I lost the weight they stayed exactly the same size. I think I look even more proportionate now.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3'' and started at 232 pounds, I am down to 183 and working my way towards 140 pounds.
  • Mindless_Games
    Mindless_Games Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    5'2and a half and would like to hit 130
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'd like to be 160 lbs. I am much more than that but don't even look THAT overweight. A little bit maybe not not a lot. And I'm 5' exactly. My goal is 150 lbs. As per my BMI, I'd have to be 125 lbs to be "normal weight". With my figure, there is no way I'd look normal at 125. It's actually kinda crazy. 150 lbs will be "overweight" for BMI but that's probably what is healthy for me.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 163, though I've been as high as 178. With our stats, there is definitely fat to be lost. I am pear shaped and even at 165 pounds, I had a 29 inch waist so I never felt too overweight. But once I got into a healthy weight range I felt SO much better.
  • Chara462
    Chara462 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and started at 150 and am down to 143 in 3 weeks. 135 would make me happy but 130 is the goal.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    5'3". Started at 139 in late June, now I'm 124. Hoping to hit 110-115.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and started at 306.5. 194 as of today. My goal is below 150 in the 125 range. My doctor's goal for me is 106-115. I remember 140 as being a comfortable weight. I'm more comfortable now than I was 100lbs ago or even 20lbs ago, but this isn't good enough. I'm obviously overweight for my height regardless of how I feel. Once I get towards 140, I'll re-evaluate dropping further.
  • pooks1976
    pooks1976 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2". I started at 115. I'm down to 106 lbs (3 months to lose 9 pounds), with a goal of 105 lbs. I might lower that to 102 lbs, which is the bottom of a healthy BMI for my height. I have a really small/narrow frame, short torso, and my chest is only a 32B.
  • ejb06070
    ejb06070 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", started at 270 lbs on 3/13/15 and am now down to 212.4 as of 8/21/15. I would like to be down to 135, I think, but I honestly have no idea. I remember feeling healthy at 160 (granted that was when I was 12..) so that is one of my mini-goals (my first mini-goal was get below 225. My second is get below 200. My third is 160 or below). 135 is the top of the BMI for healthy at this height, but honestly I feel like I carry my weight so differently than others that it makes it really hard to know what I'm supposed to be.
  • jacobburch075
    jacobburch075 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2 and weigh 218 I'm aiming at getting to 175
  • jacobburch075
    jacobburch075 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Then gaining weight in muscle
  • dinsfamily
    dinsfamily Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" SW: 139 CW: 131 GW: 125 to start, then as low as 115...maybe.

I've gained about 15 lbs in the last 2 years (5 in the last 6 months) and needed to get back to running weight which is about 122. I workout quite a bit running/Crossfitting and am naturally pretty muscular. I doubt that I could get under 115 in a healthy way or that I would want to. In fact, 115 seems little to me so we'll see where end up happy.

My biggest hurdle is the maintenance phase. I'm good at losing weight, but not good at staying there. I'm actually excited about actively controlling my maintenance phase this time which I've never done in the past.
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently 155. I started out at my heaviest of 162 and my goal is 135. I too am a little top heavy in the bust dept and have a strong legs from running so I think I'd look too thin if I lost more than that, but I'll have to re-evaluate how i feel once I reach my goal!

It seems like we have similar goals, so feel free to add me!
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I am a little under 5'3" with a very small frame. I tend to hover between 102-105. Got down as low as about 95, which was a bit too thin and not healthily sustainable...so I've managed to gain back a few pounds without increasing my body fat percentage. I am at a size at which I feel comfortable...but that doesn't certainly doesn't mean it is the ideal weight for everyone my height.
  • Wildstorms
    Wildstorms Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I didn't truly realise how overweight I was until I started losing it...