Need motivation! Trying to defeat depression

Options
2»

Replies

• Kissenia2000
    Kissenia2000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Be easy on yourself. We are all here to support and motivate one another.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, thanks so much for your kind words and advice, I will definitely be listening to it.. I'm on my 4th medicine and I think I have found the one.. Well it's just been a couple weeks but hopefully the positive moods will stick around.. If any of you ever need anything please feel free to message me
  • ritamays
    ritamays Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    It can be trial & error with meds. This sounds like it could be the one. Stay bright & positive
  • ritamays
    ritamays Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kmf91604 wrote: »
    I'm battling it more than ever. A vicious cycle. I can't get motivated to work out because of my depression and i'm depressed even more that I'm not working out. Mind you my depression rubs deep so not working out just adds to it. I'm scared about what runs through my head. lqerrfuqzdr0.jpg

Are you getting help with your depression? Don't beat yourself up for not working out :s Try a daily walk for 30 -45 mins, much better for you than the gym and helps lift the mood :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you that a medication seems to be working. (Fingers crossed). You've persisted, which is so very good.

https://vimeo.com/83434003
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    @jgnatca thankyou! I hope it continues to work.. It's always a fear of mine to fall into a deep hole like I previously was in
  • YAHWEH56
    YAHWEH56 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I know you got this! If not then I'll jump in that hole and take your place no one deserves to be in that hole!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Depression had pretty much taken over me the last couple years and I had gained so much.. I want to lose it all! I have never lost this much and I'm afraid I'm going to get so impatient and frustrated I'll just give up. I'm so ready to get my old self back!

The only person who can beat depression is you, with the support of people around you. I have been there, popped the pills, got the counselling, then grew a pair with the help of some good friends and got off the meds. Was it hard? Bet it was, probably the hardest thing I have ever done!

What you need is a support network around you. We cannot fight the fight for you, but we can support you when your willpower falters, pick you up when you feel down and lend an ear or a shoulder to cry on. Unfortunately the hard work is still on you.