LOW CALORIE BUT FILLING BREAKFAST!!

Options
2»

Replies

• MZNIKKIBOO
    MZNIKKIBOO Posts: 190
    Options
    1/2 CUP LOWFAT COTTAGE CHEESE WITH 1/2 CUP FROZEN MIXED FRUITS ( I USE HYVEE BRAND WITH THE PINAPPLE PEACHES ETC) 120 CALS AND SUPER FILLING
  • chelsea_thatsme
    chelsea_thatsme Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    What does "low calorie" mean to you? I have a couple of slices of toast, one with marmite and one with marmalade, that's 277 calories which is about right for me, as I'm on 1200 calories a day.

But without seeing your food diary, it's hard to know what you are allowed for breakfast. Some members can eat 500 calories or even more for breakfast, lucky people!

i can eat 400 calories for breakfast..but i like to keep it under 300
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Some food i like in the morning are Yogurt and granola, toast and peanut butter, granola bars.
  • ckncj
    ckncj Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    During the week, when my morning time is limited, I do coffee with Splenda & 1% milk - with one packet of instant Sugar Free Maple & Brown Sugar oatmeal. This equates to approximately 130 calories - which leaves me plenty of calories for a mid-morning snack of fruit (banana or apple) - putting my morning (breakfast) calories right around 200.

The weekends I reward myself with higher-calorie breakfasts (since it is my favorite meal of the day) and opt for scrambled eggs with turkey bacon and part-skim low moisture shredded moz cheese.

if you like toast & PB, Sara Lee makes a multi-grain bread that is 45 calories/slice. So you could also do 2 slices of that bread with 1 TBS of PB and be under 200 calories.
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    special k vanilla with almonds.. it's so good!

I agree I love Special K Vanilla and Almond cereal
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters or egg whites are my go to protein food for breakfast. I also like oatmeal because it can be so diverse. I've mixed in peanut butter, fruit, whey, honey, agave nectar.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    whole wheat tortilla with peanut butter spreaded on half of it. then slice up a banana and lay it on half the tortilla. then fold tortilla in half and enjoy a scrumptious filling breakfast :)

Add a little bit of honey to this for extra sweetness. Yum!!
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I love bagel thins with weight watchers cream cheese (it has each serving wrapped so no measuring). Some times I add a slice of bacon.
    We have chickens so I have an egg sometimes later in the morning as a snack.
    Fruit is always good. watermelon is filling and you can eat a lot.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that calories equal energy. You shouldn't shoot for a super low amount of calories for any meal because then you don't give yourself enough energy for that time period. I'd imagine 25% of your daily calories for each of your major 3 meals and the remaining 25% for snacks would be appropriate. That's assuming you do the normal 3 meals a day. So if you're on 1200 calories a day shoot for a healthy and filling 300 calorie breakfast. That should give you enough energy to keep your body going until a snack.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    double post
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Nearly everyday, I have a peanut butter banana smoothie and it keeps me full for about 3 hours until I have a mid-morning snack.
    Check my food diary for ingredients/portions and add a handful of ice. Yummm! The days I don't have the smoothie, I miss it!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My normal breakfast is a bagel thin, laughing cow cheese wedge, and 6 slices of turkey... for a whopping 185 calories. Keeps me full for a while.

How did I not know about whole wheat bagel thins???? Just looked them up. They are SO going on my shopping list. Thank you, thank you!
  • N_Jae
    N_Jae Posts: 2
    Options
    chobani yogurt!

it's also delicious frozen for a dessert alternative
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorite breakfasts:

Fage 0% greek yogurt mixed with 1/2 cup of Kashi Go Lean Crunch

Kashi Go Lean Crunch with unsweetened almond milk

Two slices pumpernickel or whole wheat bread with no-sugar added natural peanut butter

Egg white and spinach quiche with lots of cayenne pepper, with a slice of whole wheat or pumpernickel bread with a wedge of Laughing Cow swiss cheese.
  • micki3313
    micki3313 Posts: 1
    Options
    Sprouts has a great non-fat raisin cinnamon (or apple cinnamon) bread for 50 cal. a slice. I dip 2 slices in 1/4 c. egg beaters (mix in a little cinnamon, Splenda, and vanilla) and fry in a Pam-sprayed pan to make excellent french toast. Top with 1/4 c. sugar-free syrup for a 150-calorie breakfast. Add a couple of slices of Jenni-O turkey bacon (40 calories for 2) and/or fruit if you want a few more calories.
  • murpht
    murpht Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm going to try this! Sounds delish!
  • wubbie3me
    wubbie3me Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm kind of stuck on the same thing. My problem is the opposite... I don't like sweet things in the morning. I don't like cereal very much, granola bars, anything like that. Occasionally I can do some fruit, but it's usually the little citrus fruit cups. My breakfast standard (since I work afternoon into evenings mainly) is turkey bacon, an egg with siracha on a piece of toast with a slice of cheese. I cook them on my electric griddle so I don't need any kind of fats, etc to cook with.
    I do like peanut butter, but again, it's sweet, and even the idea of eating something sweet for breakfast makes me gag a little. It's not really a 'don't like', it's more of a 'can't'.
    I'd love some more ideas for non-sweet breakfasts!
  • Bvg77
    Bvg77 Posts: 1
    Options
    Egg Beaters scrambled eggs (use I can't believe it's not butter spray as a cooking spray), 1 Schwans turkey sausage patty, 2 slices of Sara Lee multigrain 45 cal toast with butter spray. Total: 190 calories.

OR

3/4 cup Malt-o-meal Golden Puffs and 1C of skim milk Total: 196 calories.

OR

Omlette made from 1/2 cup of egg beaters, 2 slices of Great Value 97% fat free ham, chopped bell pepper, chopped onion, 1 slice of Kraft Fat Free American Cheese Total: 153 calories

OR

Starbucks Venti Mocha Coconut Light Frappuchino, 210 calories. :drinker:
  • rhonnik
    rhonnik Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump