Cauliflower pizza crust is a thing, and it is good.

Options
balboabilly
balboabilly Posts: 39 Member
Took a long time to make but worth the effort.

Replies

• nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Cool. Been thinking of giving it a go myself too :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I want to do it but my laziness wins over every single time.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Try zucchini pizza crust. Even better. And easier/faster.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I actually made cauliflower breadsticks for dinner tonight. One of my fav recipies!
  • yellowantphil
    yellowantphil Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    That looks pretty good. I’ve been meaning to try making a pizza crust with protein powder, but maybe I should try a cauliflower crust too.
  • nixology
    Options
    Oooohhh, zucchini pizza crust ... *drool* ... runs off to google it ...
  • Hummingbird914
    Hummingbird914 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Looks delicious!
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It is delicious, I also make cauliflower tortillas to make enchiladas! Zucchini tortillas are so good too!!!! :smiley:
  • Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Made it and it was delicious. Pulsed the cauliflower in my food processor instead of grating it because I am lazy and that worked fine. Left overs were really nice for breakfast.
  • scyian
    scyian Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I love my homemade pizza dough too much to forgo it. Saying that I did just try out cauliflower 'rice' which worked well with my curry.
  • withoutasaddle
    withoutasaddle Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Can you actually pick that up sliced like a real pizza or is it just a crispy base for toppings?
    If you do it right you can pick them up

• GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Recipes?
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    GillianLF wrote: »
    Recipes?

I like this one Cauliflower Crust because it's not loaded with cheese like a lot of the others. Some have up to an entire cup of cheese in the crust!
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Brilliant thank you. I will definitely give that a try. I love pizza but after seeing the stats in the food diary need to give it up entirely or find after way around it. This is so worth a try.
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    What is the texture like?
  • balboabilly
    Options
    @noclady1995 it was firm not chewy at all though. I researched all the recipes online / google and the going theme is really baking the crust till almost burnt. Next time i do it i will make it thinner and bake longer to get a crisp to it. My trick that made it taste like a real crust to me that i didn't see in their recipes was after spraying the foil with cooking spray i put a thin layer of powdered parmesan cheese before spreading out the "dough"
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I might have to give it another try. The one time I did it, my favorite thing about it, was the toppings. Probably could have baked it longer to make the 'crust' better.
  • hulkster29886
    hulkster29886 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I found using a flour tortilla, and cutting out the cheese completely to be a good substitute. Use a light spaghetti sauce, some grilled chicken, baby spinach and sliced tomato as toppings and bake at 475 for 5 minutes...lastly, drizzle some hot sauce. Yummy!
  • nixology
    Options
    Inspired by you, I made broccoli pizza crust today. Should have read your tip on using the parmesan on the base. Next time. It was yummy though! Thanks for the inspiration!

qfdfn1dthqrk.jpg
    ta7kb0vv5why.jpg
    rbge37cuwch7.jpg
    f88q47lg99o8.jpg
    7yo094qrjuik.jpg
    qpj3hxykg822.jpg
    jjxv9glvpyia.jpg
    zrpd9c2oz122.jpg
  • balboabilly
    Options
    @nixology Wow!! That look amazing!! It's awesome finding recipes online that are yummy and healthy! Now you're inspiring me to try a new recipe and post it