Rewards

Options
2 Questions:

1. At what pound lost do you reward yourself? ( -10, -25, once a week, half way there?)

2. What do you reward yourself with? (Do you start of small and work up or do you go big or go home? get you hair colored, get nails done, day at the spa?)

Please, any Ideas,
I have 2 more pounds to go until I hit the lost -10 lbs mark:
I want to reward myself for my hard work- and I know not to reward with food... :wink:

Replies

• bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I like to reward myself with workout equip or clothing. New shoes for running or ??? I don't really set dates and goals b/c I had so long without dropping any weight but lost inches. My next purchase will be bike shorts :) I got new goggles not to long ago for the pool. :) I know I'm kind of a dork but it's stuff that I want and I figure that it compliments my goals.
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'll keep those things in mind, Now that I think about it, I could use a new pair of kicks for the gym... :wink:
  • vanb0052
    vanb0052 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm glad your asking this!! I was thinking of a mini reward for every 25 lbs and something a bit more special for every 50, with something huge when I make my goal weight (trip?!). I'm also on a bit of a budget, so don't want to go overboard. Can't wait for suggestions!

OH...the "reward" that I'm most looking forward to is going in for a new driver's license before the actual renewal just to change my weigh and get a new picture!! *smiles*
  • jennipooh82
    jennipooh82 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I'll keep those things in mind, Now that I think about it, I could use a new pair of kicks for the gym... :wink:
  • OliveLucas
    OliveLucas Posts: 84
    Options
    1) -10 lbs
    2) i just reward myself a new cookbook for my 1st 10lb loss... it probably doesn't sound very exciting, but i'm very very happy.
    for the next 10 lb loss, i'm thinking to get new workout clothes or new workout dvd.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    I just set my goal to lose 10 pounds by July 1st. I am saving the latest Athleta catalog so I can order some new workout clothes WHEN (not IF) I reach that goal.
  • MyFriendLinn
    MyFriendLinn Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Think of thing you enjoy that are non food related.

1 lb, hot bath, good book, candle, and look forward to non food treats! I love reading everyone's thoughts, great rewards!