For all my food obsessors out there..

Options
We all have those foods that since we've started trying to lose weight we've been afraid of eating that one food that we know we can eat but still just can't come to actually eating it.. My food is A good PB sandwich I haven't had one in over 5 months and everytime I go to make myself one, I make it, I put it up to my mouth, and I throw it away just before I eat it...

What are your foods that you know you can eat but just refuse to eat when it comes down to the last second?

Replies

• leftymac
    leftymac Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Pizza, because I can't stop at one, two, or three pieces.
  • DarkDiva2005
    DarkDiva2005 Posts: 140
    Options
    Potato chips. I have been known to eat an entire bag in one sitting :embarassed:
  • tdc7591
    tdc7591 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Chinese food, i cant even walk into the place. i used to do 2 platefuls easily.
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    UGH...I know what you mean!!! I have to make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches every day for my kids. Mine is Pizza though...yumm...I sooo miss it...everyday..LOL!!!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I wont go near chips and dips... and beer!

I miss the beer at times, but the chips and dips NO! I was amazed at how easy you can eat your daily intake in not that much food. I would rather have a beautiful healthy dinner... and a glass of wine!
  • Dinob661
    Dinob661 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Pizza, because I can't stop at one, two, or three pieces.

Amen..... I wont touch a pizza until i Hit my goal. Even then.... I am afraid I will over indulge....
  • silentpost
    silentpost Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    chocolate... all kinds.

in particular, reeses cups and toblerone... god easter was tough :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    what's wrong with a natural pb sandwich on whole grain bread? :)
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Nothing, but these are the foods we can't control so we avoid.

Me? Coffee. Not just any cup of coffee, I want a nice kona blend prepared in my french press. No frou frou flavored creamers. I like creme and maybe a bit of stevia to sweeten, but I want a pastry along side it. Something rich and decadent and probably a zillion calories from the bakery. I know I can't have it. Coffee triggers my insomnia and I'd hate to think what kind of hoops I'd have to do in order to fit cream and a bakery pastry into my food goal for the day.
  • Satya_Ayurveda
    Satya_Ayurveda Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Yummm, bagel with cream cheese. I use this site purely to log what I eat so that I can track my gluten free diet, not so much for weight loss. So hence the reason I steer clear of the bagels. I miss them dearly ;)
  • RichGebs
    RichGebs Posts: 345
    Options

Me? Coffee. Not just any cup of coffee, I want a nice kona blend prepared in my french press. No frou frou flavored creamers. I like creme and maybe a bit of stevia to sweeten, but I want a pastry along side it. Something rich and decadent and probably a zillion calories from the bakery. I know I can't have it. Coffee triggers my insomnia and I'd hate to think what kind of hoops I'd have to do in order to fit cream and a bakery pastry into my food goal for the day.

It's not that I can't control it, it's that I feel terrible after eating it.. With it being nearly 350cal/ sandwich, I just can't do it.. Because with my apple, and 30 special k chips I would eat with it, it becomes a 550 cal lunch which I cannot to.. It has to be 400 or less if I will eat it guilt free...
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    aah I get it now :) Mine is cashews then. I accidentally bought a packet last week. Finished them all that night, so much for 5 serves haha.
  • milaxx
    Options

It's not that I can't control it, it's that I feel terrible after eating it.. With it being nearly 350cal/ sandwich, I just can't do it.. Because with my apple, and 30 special k chips I would eat with it, it becomes a 550 cal lunch which I cannot to.. It has to be 400 or less if I will eat it guilt free...
    I feel ya. I can and have fit desserts into my food goal but the type I would eat with a good cup of coffee would just be outrageous to the point that it's not worth it.
  • milaxx
    Options
    Yummm, bagel with cream cheese. I use this site purely to log what I eat so that I can track my gluten free diet, not so much for weight loss. So hence the reason I steer clear of the bagels. I miss them dearly ;)
    I feel ya and I have yet to find a gluten free bagel I like. I bought Udi's and they okay, but not great.
  • mheightchew
    mheightchew Posts: 334
    Options
    pastries of any kind, but especially when it involves a cream filled center (Long Johns, yummy)
  • cmaurer4
    cmaurer4 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hot caramel lattes - or practically any foo-foo drink from Starbucks or Dunkin' Donuts. I have found a 100 calorie Starbucks frappuccino that is good though, so that saves me!
  • BeHappyNHealthy
    Options
    Peanut Butter. But not just any PB. Peanut butter from the Peanut Butter and Company---Cinnamon raisin swirl is heaven in a plastic, likely not recycled, jar. YUM.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cake with chocolate icing and a scoop of ice cream.... Grrr had a peice once since starting mfp and logged it .. Wow the calories was way to much.. No more for me :)
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I love Wonderbars. :| I dont know... i will eat anything though i just watch my calories. I am not on a diet, ti is a life style change. If i even start thinking i am dieting then i will rebel and eat all the chocolate in the house or bake a cake... That might be it frosted cake. :| AHH I used to add at least an inch of frosting and sometimes the frosting was the same thickness as the cupcake.