Looking for a reliable scale

Options
My husband and I started this program 2 days ago and realized just yesterday that our newish scale is broken. We need a new one fast, but don't know which ones are the best and most reliable. Any tips? Favorites? Are analog scales better than digital? What's the best brand? THANK YOU!!!

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I have a homedics one ($30 at bed, bath and beyond) and it works well. I would suggest more though to get a measuring tape and body fat calipers and take readings of your body. It's a lot more accurate than a scale.
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    I've had one of these for several years. It does a good job and has been pretty reliable.
    http://www.amazon.com/EatSmart-Digital-Nutrition-Scale-Professional/dp/B0013IDHTO/ref=sr_1_2?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1307067220&sr=1-2

Edit: We talking bathroom or kitchen? I don't know what made me think kitchen. Oh well. It's still a good scale.
  • Tanadog
    Tanadog Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I bought one of the Weight Watchers scales, and I weighed the same on that as I did on the one in my doctor's office. I figure that's pretty reliable!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I bought one of the Weight Watchers scales, and I weighed the same on that as I did on the one in my doctor's office. I figure that's pretty reliable!

I got the WW one as well and it's pretty spot on.
  • Cam_
    Cam_ Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I picked up a weight watcher's scale at Costco (Canada). It was around $24 Canadian and it does weight, body fat%, water %, bone density. I'm happy with it and it's nice and big (if you have big feet like me it's great).