Options
    absolutely!
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    sure is.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Well if you mean scary like I-don't-have- a-clue-what-I-am-doing-since-it-has-been-so-long, then yes I do. I don't know what clothes to wear or how to accentuate the right parts of my body.

I went out this past Sunday and did the cupid shuffle.... my friend was "blow away" by the sexy walk-it-out I could do now. Before I just moved my shoulders and now I move my hips :blushing:
  • spr_chkn
    spr_chkn Posts: 48
    Options
    I'm so sexy, I scare myself.
  • SunLovin1
    SunLovin1 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Everytime anyone tells me I'm hot, my first reaction is still like "no way!" I'm not scared of it, I just can't, deep down, believe it.
  • brosehemian
    brosehemian Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    mostly, im scared that when i get to my goal weight, i wont be able to blame why a guy doesnt like me on the way my body looks, and THATS scary.
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I laugh. I make an *kitten* of myself. I can't pull off sexy. I can pull off country girl can clean up halfway decent...but that's about it. So when I get anything beyond a "you look nice", the LIAR sign starts flashing in front of the person who just spoke.
  • CoastieGMWife
    Options
    TOTALLY. I was very thin before and got a lot of unwanted attention from males. I was so insecure as to how to react and moving out of the saftey of my hometown only made the whole thing worse. Thats when I started gaining weight and the attention dimished. Its starting to come back again, but I am so much more comfortable with myself and confident this time around. Plus all this working out only re-enforces the idea that I can lay someone out if they even dare to touch me. ;)
  • rockthehourglass
    rockthehourglass Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    mostly, im scared that when i get to my goal weight, i wont be able to blame why a guy doesnt like me on the way my body looks, and THATS scary.

Me too!
  • ESVABelle
    ESVABelle Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

I know how you feel. I had a guy tell me that my body type was not date-able. Not my personality (I'm a *****). But my BODY was not dateable. Talk about ouch. I'm 5'3", 163 - in pretty good muscular condition, 36DD, size 11 Aeropostale jeans (No clue what I am in any other brand, sorry), and can run 4 miles in 44 minutes flat...but even in good shape - with an hour glass figure (it's probably like a 2 or 3 hour glass, but the shape is there) - my body is not date-able.

Moral of the story: Men are douches.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I think I'm mostly just in disbelief. I will always see myself as the slightly dorky, goofy, nerd with a decent fashion sense and a great sense of humor. Lol. Sexy? Um. I don't really see it most times...every once in a while, I catch glimpses of it out of the corner of my eye. :tongue:

I agree with the Coastie as well, I had unwanted attention when I was my thinnest going into my freshman year of college. I'm mildly afraid of it now that I'm hovering above where I was then. But I'm much more equipped to handle it now too.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I have been getting comments for about 3 yrs now about how hot I am.....after losing 100 to 110 lbs.....I have now kept it off for 3 yrs.......and I look at guys and say THANK YOU!!! With a BIG SMILE!!! It is still very hard to hear, hard to believe......and I feel one day, i will be too old to hear it....or for them to say it....so for now, I LOVE IT! At first it was a little scary, but now if I know I am looking good, I strut my ****!! :wink:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

Aww, take it from an old lady. If he doens't like you it's not because of your weight or any flaw in you. He's just not the right one and you don't need to waste time on him.
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I have been getting comments for about 3 yrs now about how hot I am.....after losing 100 to 110 lbs.....I have now kept it off for 3 yrs.......and I look at guys and say THANK YOU!!! With a BIG SMILE!!! It is still very hard to hear, hard to believe......and I feel one day, i will be too old to hear it....or for them to say it....so for now, I LOVE IT! At first it was a little scary, but now if I know I am looking good, I strut my ****!! :wink:

That is excellent!!! I think that is what I will do, just say thank you with a big smile until I believe it! :bigsmile:
  • Cortez123
    Cortez123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sexy comes in many forms. When I say I feel sexy, I mean that I know that I'm a good woman and I love feeling good about myself (not in a selfish way...it's more like feeling a sense of contentment). Having an incredible husband is a blessing. Although I'm a goof most of the time, my husband always tells me I'm sexy :blushing:. And when he says it in front of people, it does make me feel uncomfortable (but I secretly love it). I honestly think that sexy is what you make of it...no matter what size you are. :wink:
  • monchand
    monchand Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Yes scary but yet feels great!!! I also was scared as I dropped clothing sizes, I have never been this small since jr. high. but of course you get over it very quickly!!!
  • daniedee81
    daniedee81 Posts: 155
    Options
    scary - yes but i feel like everyone has to unleash their inner goddess! confidence is everything! when you believe you are beautiful, others will see it too! :heart: