Still a work in progress but 46 lbs down (pic)

Options
PlantBasedforLifeFOK
PlantBasedforLifeFOK Posts: 11 Member
edited August 2015 in Success Stories
At the beginning of the year I was 196 lbs and my cholesterol was sky high! At 5'4", that's a lot of weight on my frame. I started the year doing low carb and then counting calories. I lost 15 but got stuck and discouraged. In May, my dad got really sick and I got scared knowing my health was very poor too.
I did my research and went whole food plant based on May 16 (ForksOverKnives.com). Since then, the pounds have just fallen off. Other benefits include my skin looks better, I sleep better, I don't have midday lulls, and my hair has stopped falling out. I don't have an appointment yet for my next cholesterol screening, but my goal is to go in November (6 months). As for work outs, I like to just take walks and do a few resistance band sets for my arms and shoulders.

The photo on the left was from last November (could be over 196 but I didn't weigh myself then)
The photo on the right is at 150! 46lbs gone (& not coming back)
Can't wait to see where this new lifestyle takes me!

wrkgflr1l11n.jpg

Replies

• HeatherHS
    HeatherHS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing, I'm at the start of my journey but you are inspirational. Well done
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Wow , you look good!!
  • atruckerswife
    atruckerswife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look fabulous.
  • Dklee710
    Dklee710 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • Louz163
    Louz163 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Brilliant looking great Well done
  • Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Thank you for sharing
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    You look great! Well done!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You have transformed completely wow :smile:
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    At the beginning of the year I was 196 lbs and my cholesterol was sky high! At 5'4", that's a lot of weight on my frame. I started the year doing low carb and then counting calories. I lost 15 but got stuck and discouraged. In May, my dad got really sick and I got scared knowing my health was very poor too.
    I did my research and went whole food plant based on May 16 (ForksOverKnives.com). Since then, the pounds have just fallen off. Other benefits include my skin looks better, I sleep better, I don't have midday lulls, and my hair has stopped falling out. I don't have an appointment yet for my next cholesterol screening, but my goal is to go in November (6 months). As for work outs, I like to just take walks and do a few resistance band sets for my arms and shoulders.

The photo on the left was from last November (could be over 196 but I didn't weigh myself then)
    The photo on the right is at 150! 46lbs gone (& not coming back)
    Can't wait to see where this new lifestyle takes me!

wrkgflr1l11n.jpg

That's incredible. Congratulations on your perseverance and success!! I have 46# til goal! I'm down six pounds since I started three weeks ago. We can do this! ☺
  • angelaraedesigns
    angelaraedesigns Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    wow! you are an inspiration! thanks for posting :smiley:
  • dinafanuka
    dinafanuka Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look great!! What an inspiration!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great job!
  • PlantBasedforLifeFOK
    Options
    Thank you!! :) Still a work in progress but seeing this photo, I could actually see the changes!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! WOOT!
  • justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Yay! You look so healthy and happy! I'm so glad to see someone posting that nutrition/healthy eating has a big impact, beyond just weight loss alone. Congrats!
  • BabyPhat90713
    BabyPhat90713 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing
  • jennifermi
    jennifermi Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Gives me hope. Started at 216 2 months ago and now at 203. My goal is 150 but being the same height as you I may change that when I get there. You look awesome :)
  • kspoon5
    kspoon5 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic. My goal is 46 lbs as well. You give me hope!
  • jaycoup15
    jaycoup15 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look really great!
  • kcampbell1969
    kcampbell1969 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!