Splitting up a workout session?

Options
Hi all, I'm aiming at 1 hour of exercise everyday for weight loss but just wondering if splitting it up into two 30 minute sessions(with additional warmup and stretch times of course) would be less effective than just having a full out 1 hour workout?

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Do it anyway you will enjoy and stay motivated!
  • atruckerswife
    atruckerswife Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do what I can, when I can. I started with 5 minutes on the elliptical. With my knees, I had to do 2 1/2 - 1 break - 2 1/2. Now I can do it in a row. Do what you can, as you can. I do push myself to sweat and get that heart rate up, but I have to be realistic. :) better to do something than nothing.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    Better to split it up than to get burned out. Even if you only walk ten minutes at a time three times or even six times a day, that's great! And I'm not talking about walking around Walmart while you're shopping, or counting your steps while you're doing housework, but making a concerted effort to walk vigorously for ten minutes even if it's only up and down your driveway.
  • nicediva007
    nicediva007 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    From everything I've read I don't think splitting it up lessens the cardiovascular impact or the calorie burn. I often split mine with weight training. My attention span is only so strong so this keeps my head in the game.