An hour ago... I found out my friend was dead.

Options
Neliel
Neliel Posts: 507 Member
I just need somewhere to vent a little of my grief.
I found out an hour ago that an old friend of mine had been found dead in his flat. He only turned 30 4 months ago. Not only that but it's possible that he's been dead between 1 and 2 weeks already. I'm only glad that he apparently died in his sleep - possibly due to a fatal diabetic coma. It just hurts so much more knowing that he has only been discovered now and he was alone for so long.
I hadn't actually seen much of him for about 5 years but for a while he was a good friend of mine. This, and the fact that another old friend of mine died this month 2 years ago at the age of 21 really slams home how little time we have alive.

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    My sympathies.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    So sorry, I hope you can focus on the good times in your friendship to bring you comfort.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Every second really does count. It just sucks to have to be reminded of it like this. I'm so sorry.
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    Options
    So sorry for your loss... hugs!
  • Butterflynma
    Butterflynma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences to you and his family.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry fo your loss and my deepest prayers for you and their family.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear of your losses. A tragic way to be reminded of just how precious life is. ((hugs))
  • Kickylanea
    Kickylanea Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    Options
    so sorry for your loss..
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    So sorry for the recent loss of your friends -- my condolences to you and their families.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear this. My sympathies to you and his family.
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    losing anyone is hard! sorry to hear about your friend. sending my condolences.
  • alicia826
    alicia826 Posts: 51
    Options
    Wow, I'm so sorry! You have tons of support on here for anything! Venting/talking it out never makes it completely better, but it definitely helps!
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss... I'll say some prayers for you and your friend.
  • LizaDoolittle
    Options
    I am more sorry than I can say for your loss. It's hard losing friends, especially so young. It's good that you logged on to express yourself. One thing I love about this website is that we are all friends here. While you may have lost people dear to you, leaving a void we may not fill, know that we are here to listen. Take care of yourself, now more than ever.

*hugs*
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry to hear that.. =( it's seems like so many people are dying so young lately. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the families.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear that. we certainly have to make the best of this life we have
  • SamSikes
    SamSikes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    so sorry for your loss..