Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

An hour ago... I found out my friend was dead.

Neliel
Neliel Posts: 507 Member
I just need somewhere to vent a little of my grief.
I found out an hour ago that an old friend of mine had been found dead in his flat. He only turned 30 4 months ago. Not only that but it's possible that he's been dead between 1 and 2 weeks already. I'm only glad that he apparently died in his sleep - possibly due to a fatal diabetic coma. It just hurts so much more knowing that he has only been discovered now and he was alone for so long.
I hadn't actually seen much of him for about 5 years but for a while he was a good friend of mine. This, and the fact that another old friend of mine died this month 2 years ago at the age of 21 really slams home how little time we have alive.

Replies

• Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    My sympathies.
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,304 Member
    *hugs*
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    So sorry, I hope you can focus on the good times in your friendship to bring you comfort.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Every second really does count. It just sucks to have to be reminded of it like this. I'm so sorry.
  • kjb0976
    kjb0976 Posts: 68
    So sorry for your loss... hugs!
  • Butterflynma
    Butterflynma Posts: 22 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences to you and his family.
  • jenvens
    jenvens Posts: 159 Member
    I'm sorry fo your loss and my deepest prayers for you and their family.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    I am so sorry to hear of your losses. A tragic way to be reminded of just how precious life is. ((hugs))
  • Kickylanea
    Kickylanea Posts: 13 Member
    I'm sorry
  • Robyn120
    Robyn120 Posts: 249
    so sorry for your loss..
  • SommerJo
    SommerJo Posts: 258 Member
    So sorry for the recent loss of your friends -- my condolences to you and their families.
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    so sorry for your loss.
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Sorry to hear this. My sympathies to you and his family.
  • holli_walker
    holli_walker Posts: 109 Member
    losing anyone is hard! sorry to hear about your friend. sending my condolences.
  • alicia826
    alicia826 Posts: 51
    Wow, I'm so sorry! You have tons of support on here for anything! Venting/talking it out never makes it completely better, but it definitely helps!
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    So sorry for your loss... I'll say some prayers for you and your friend.
  • I am more sorry than I can say for your loss. It's hard losing friends, especially so young. It's good that you logged on to express yourself. One thing I love about this website is that we are all friends here. While you may have lost people dear to you, leaving a void we may not fill, know that we are here to listen. Take care of yourself, now more than ever.

*hugs*
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    I'm so sorry to hear that.. =( it's seems like so many people are dying so young lately. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and the families.
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    sorry to hear that. we certainly have to make the best of this life we have
  • SamSikes
    SamSikes Posts: 3 Member
    so sorry for your loss..