For the love of popcorn.....

Options
Am I the only one that is a sucker for movie theater popcorn? I find myself eating veggies all day just to save calories for my popcorn at the movies!!!

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the movies much, but definitely love to eat popcorn!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    LOve popcorn, but luckily for me I love the salted variety, not the sweet or the buttery ones
  • Kissenia2000
    Kissenia2000 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't like that extra "butter" topping they have. I don't know what that stuff is. Just give it to me plain.
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    I only get a small with no butter. The AMC small is around 350 calories (or less than 400 calories). The large with butter is definitely a day worth of calories though.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    I don't like movie popcorn, but I love air-popped corn with lots of real butter. It helps me meet my fiber goal.

There's even a recent thread with popcorn seasoning ideas: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10235366/popcorn-spices

OP, please don't let anyone try to shame you for fitting your favorite treat into your calorie goal!
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    Yes! I was given an air popper years ago and I love it! I never bought microwave popcorn again! Lol.
  • Marcus_2015
    Marcus_2015 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Ha! I just treated myself for the first time last night... AMC small movie popcorn - no butter - pretty satisfying and 370 cals.

For dinner I did light sushi which is by nature, fewer calories...

Gotta work around these things!

Enjoy - YOLO

R
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    Exactly! Lol.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Have you tried popping popcorn in the microwave in a glass bowl and a lid (a plate works well) airpopped and with no popcorn popper. My last popper gave me extra exercise as I was trying to catch the flying popcorn lol
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    Lol. No I haven't tried that! I'll definitely have to check that out!
  • rutzsa
    rutzsa Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You can also just put popcorn in a paper bag to pop in microwave.
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    Hmmm....makes sense. Thanks!
  • adamvikings4life
    adamvikings4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Kirkland popcorn from Costco is a lot Healthier. I buy it all the time because it is a Healthier and I still get to enjoy popcorn
  • adamvikings4life
    adamvikings4life Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Costco popcorn. 3 cups: 105 cal, 7.5 fat, 195mg sodim, 12 carbs, 9 fiber. If that's not healthy popcorn then I don't what is.....
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I count mine toward my protein -- esp the pre-popped kind w/ cheddar.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    My young daughter and I polished off a whole tub with butter the other week. I logged 2000 calories and enjoyed every last one of them.

I had a protein drink for breakfast, skipped lunch, (the movie was at 10am) had a low calorie salad for dinner, burned about 800 calories working out that day, and was right about even by the end of the day.

I certainly wouldn't do this often, but it was worth it to me.
  • Kissenia2000
    Options
    I'll have to try that Costco popcorn. Thanks! And yes....I usually enjoy every bit of my popcorn. Just every once in a while.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Well, now I want popcorn.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I don't go to the movies often, but I do LOVE popcorn and buy the Skinny pop brand with 39 calories per cup. :)