It all started with the iPhone App

Options
I was only looking for a food diary style app so I could keep track of what I was eating with the hope that it would help me be more mindful about it. Yet, I stumbled onto tis MFP and so far it looks like it could be a really positive tool!

I think the best thing for me to do here is be a little blunt - apologies if it is off putting.

I am currently recovering from Bulimia Nervosa, which I have had since I was fifteen but really became the centre of my life last year when I used it as a tool to feel in control. The scales were my life, I lost over 50lbs but also caused myself and others a lot of grief. I have been 'sober' from those behaviours for almost five months but have felt myself start to slip again due to events and flair ups in my Bipolar II disorder and PTSD for which I am actively seeking treatment.

I now realise that my food, sleep and exercise habits are affected and effect everything in my life, so my goal is to start being more aware and accountable about how I treat my body. I am really pleased that I stumbled upon this site and I hope it will be the aid that I need!

If you can't tell from the spelling, I am Australian :) I currently live in Sydney where I am studying Media and Communications :)

Replies

• dreamingofsandiego23
    dreamingofsandiego23 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I LOVE it! It's helping me see when I'm low on a nutrient too..or too much ;0) I started with the app too! Have Fun!
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I am glad you are here, and I'm sure you will find a great deal of support here! Also glad that you are taking control and actively working toward a healthy lifestyle.
    Feel free to add me as a friend for support!
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Same here except for the afflictions. I had gorged myself on pizza and apple dumplings over a weekend. I was miserable for 2 days. So I called a friend and told him of my out of control eating. He told me about an iPhone app but I couldn't find is. I did however find MFP.
  • BalancedBloss
    Options
    Aesop, I know the feeling! I was totally derailed this Easter and it has taken me months to get back into it. I like having something that makes me think about it a bit more.

I am allergic to gluten...so I have just gone and added all of my strange foods to the data base :P