Dealing with a lot of stress

Options
mfm143
mfm143 Posts: 131 Member
edited August 2015 in Motivation and Support
I started my weight loss journey almost 50 days ago with 8lbs lost and 52+ to go. I recently have been dealing with a lot of family-related stress ( on going arguments w family/extended family members) anyway I feel like it's been affecting my focus when it comes to working out-as it takes me longer to concentrate - while I do feel good after a workout shortly afterward I am back to feeling stressed - we've tried at a resolution but I think what's needed now is just space as I feel it's a source of negative energy right now in my life (family or not- If it's negative it's not for me) and will detract from my journey - anyone in/ been in this situation ? Advice ?

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    No advice but many of us are in the same boat.
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I understand. Sometimes family or friends or work or whatever can be sooooo stressful. Try to get up early to exercise before dealing with family. Prepare your meals so you aren't stressed out about it later (why add something else to be stressed about??).
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    I understand. Family issues are tough. I think your doing the right thing by giving space since you where unable to resolve the issue at this time.
    Just do the best you can. Don't beat yourself up. Sometimes life gets crazy for all of us . just do your best :)
  • mfm143
    Options
    Thanks all I appreciate the support
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to power through. And sometimes you need to put weight loss on the back burner for a while, in order to devote your energies elsewhere. Only you really have the answer to which you need to do right now. Either way, rest assured, your goals will not expire!
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The exercise can help you switch off and get rid of the stress. The gym can be your sanctuary, so push reasonably hard and get some music. You can forget about things for a while and just focus on the exercise. Dont worry if it takes longer just do your best. No idea about your workout but o there with a list or plan of things to do and that way you can avoid meandering, which might prevent you from focusing due to distraction and worry.
  • mfm143
    Options
    ;)
    999tigger wrote: »
    The exercise can help you switch off and get rid of the stress. The gym can be your sanctuary, so push reasonably hard and get some music. You can forget about things for a while and just focus on the exercise. Dont worry if it takes longer just do your best. No idea about your workout but o there with a list or plan of things to do and that way you can avoid meandering, which might prevent you from focusing due to distraction and worry.
    Sometimes you just have to power through. And sometimes you need to put weight loss on the back burner for a while, in order to devote your energies elsewhere. Only you really have the answer to which you need to do right now. Either way, rest assured, your goals will not expire!

• mfm143
    Options
    I am doing ICF 5x5 @ home - thankfully my immediate Fam is not the issue ;) thanks for the tips !
  • KeepGood
    KeepGood Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    999tigger wrote: »
    It's this for me. I have more stress than I feel like I can handle right now but the gym makes the difference. Getting to the gym is the hardest part, once there I get a bit of time to not about the rough things, it's all 'legs...keep...going' lol.

Working out in the house doesn't work for me, it's too easy not to do it. I have to be in the gym, once I'm there, it feel wrong not working out.