When you see the picture that shows just how big you've got......

Options
Yes. That. It's just this second happened to me. My friend posted a picture on Facebook of me at the park today. I am so much bigger than I realised. I feel so sad about it. But on the other hand, I now have to do something about it. That's it...., this is my final straw

Replies

• jessimacd
    jessimacd Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I totally get it. It's especially bad for those pictures where you've done yourself all up to go out with friends or something, and someone takes a group photo and you're thinking "damn, I look good!" and then you see the photo and it's like... womp womp. :-/
  • rachelpoore
    rachelpoore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ha. I had that moment two years ago at age 43. I was gonna live an unhealthy life or take control. I had never exercised nor ate well. I found a trainer and did group training 2x week. He gave me a diet and what to do on the other days. Nine months went from 44% body fat to 18% and lost 35 lbs. I followed everything he told me to do!! That was key. I hit plataues that would last weeks and months but just kept going. I never thought I could be in control of my body.
    Start, sweat, work through the pain, find support/direction and keep going. Keep going. Share your progress
  • borreromlee
    borreromlee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is what finally motivated me to workout and eat healthier! That was a terrible moment for me, but I'm so glad something finally pushed me to lose this weight. Good luck :)
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    God yes, those moments are so depressing. Unfortunately for me I think I was in denial for a very long time on how big I was, because only when I look at old pictures now do I really see what I looked like!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that's all the motivation you need to get you on the right track!
  • lottichar
    lottichar Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's an awful feeling, especially when it's posted publicly by someone else on facebook - there are a lot of me on there that I'd rather have taken down but feel too awkward to ask and need to explain why! But it was definitely part of the reason that I've started making healthy changes now though.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Yep! This happened to me about two years ago. Went out with a group of girls and I thought I looked HOT! When the group picture was posted later that night, I really stood out. Like a manatee in skinny jeans and a corset top. :(

I can't wear that top anymore. It's too big. :smiley: You got this!
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Visuals are a great slap in the face eh? A mental wakeup call. I am by no means a slim person, but I have been a very obese one. I feel sad for that fat me. I settled for so much, and never put myself first. So all those fat pics, I have in a pile and flip thru them every so often. Great reminders of our other selfs. I also have index cards with great modivation messages, and keep them handy too. I am a great believer in "Change your mind, change your body" thinking. So the modivational messages are reprogramming my brain, and that helps with the self-esteem.

one of my best ones..."Losing Weight isn't the Key to Happiness....Happiness is the key to losing Weight." and I firmly believe that! Becca
  • noraofthefuture
    noraofthefuture Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Been there too. I think people don't see themselves as heavy as they are. It takes looking at yourself, like in a photo, to realize what you actually look like. It is indeed, motivation.
  • heathervazquez75
    heathervazquez75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Reality check! That is the wake up call you needed! That is why it's good to take a solid before photo, painful as it may be.
  • heathervazquez75
    heathervazquez75 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I too was clueless of how fat I had gotten! After 25 pounds lost I still look fat in a lot of photos! But I feel much better about what I see in the mirror. I seriously need someone to take a photo of me now and again to have a reality check. It's just difficult!
  • tonia12342015
    tonia12342015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yep, happened to me too. I'm larger then I've ever been. Larger the. When I was pregnant with my last child :(. I started my lifestyle change last month and I've lost 12 pounds and feeling great. I love food, so I'm trying to find healthy food I can also love without it killing me. My cholesterol when I started this was in the 400s.
  • michellemather13
    michellemather13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Turn that sadness into motivation.
    You can turn it around, it's the "ah ha" moment!
    Things can change, you're in control.
  • emmagrace0818
    emmagrace0818 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    That is what's making me get determined.. Made me feel so awful about myself seeing myself like that.. I used to be so healthy
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That's PART of what made me get back into this. I'm really into the event/party scene, I'm a promoter, so I'm in pics quite a bit. Now my crowd is VERY accepting but I just felt uncomfortable. I felt like I was the biggest person there.... ok I probably am not but it feels that way. I've got a good 50 lbs that I could lose. And I will get there. Then I will be the curvy one. I won't ever be the skinny one and that's okay because everyone's shape is different. I just don't want to be the HUGE one.
  • pointkoala
    pointkoala Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah and paying attention to where my arms are in pics. Making sure they don't look like hippo arms :( I got not bad at posing in certain directions but I HATE having to do that!!!
  • mjgrin
    mjgrin Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what happened that made me decide that I needed to be better because I deserved better. So far so good. I hope you find this to be the motivation you need!