On my way to a new me! :)

Options
Hello fellow MFP-ers! How're you? :heart: Well My name is Chelsea, I'm 20, 21 in May, and have been overweight my entiiiire life. Or at least from what I can remember haha. This October I just recently got engaged and my wedding is on October 21, 2010. That among a few other reasons are why I am on a mission to lose some weight! I want to be healthier, feel better about myself, and be the ones turning heads at my wedding!!

I've tried past diets before and I stick to them for like a week or even just a few days. I have like no self control, but now I plan to work on that! I'm veeerrrryyy impulsive lol.

But here I am, this is Day 3 and I feel already a lot better about myself. :) I play A LOT of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and lift some weights. I actually HAVE a scale this time and keeping track of my calories makes me feel like i'm actually making progress! lol Any advice would be much appreciated! :blushing:

Replies

• Asphaltcowgirlx
    Options
    Hello fellow MFP-ers! How're you? :heart: Well My name is Chelsea, I'm 20, 21 in May, and have been overweight my entiiiire life. Or at least from what I can remember haha. This October I just recently got engaged and my wedding is on October 21, 2010. That among a few other reasons are why I am on a mission to lose some weight! I want to be healthier, feel better about myself, and be the ones turning heads at my wedding!!

I've tried past diets before and I stick to them for like a week or even just a few days. I have like no self control, but now I plan to work on that! I'm veeerrrryyy impulsive lol.

But here I am, this is Day 3 and I feel already a lot better about myself. :) I play A LOT of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) and lift some weights. I actually HAVE a scale this time and keeping track of my calories makes me feel like i'm actually making progress! lol Any advice would be much appreciated! :blushing:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelsea! Welcome to MFP! The site is great and has awesome advice and an equally awesome support system! I have found it to be very helpful this time around! You can stick to this one, its a lifestyle change, not a diet. That is such a bad word! :devil: Don't give in and give up because you can do this! :bigsmile: Drink plenty of water and get in your exercise and stay within your calories and you will do great! Don't give up!!! :bigsmile:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP. The only thing I can say is what works for me...I log my meals the night before so I know if I have extra calories to play with the next day. I also log my exercise, which adds the calories I burned back into my daily total. The exercise calories are also a big motivation to workout since that means I can eat more.:happy: I try to eat most of my allotted calories usually within a hundred or so just in case I figured wrong somewhere along the way. I've lost 27 pounds since July doing this, so somethings definately working.

Good luck on your weight loss journey and no matter what I'm sure you'll make a beautiful bride next year!
  • Asphaltcowgirlx
    Options
    Thanks for the support :) I really appreciate it! Can anyone tell me how to get the ticker in my profile I tried and it never shows up! :ohwell:
  • FloridaGatorGirl
    Options
    Thanks for the support :) I really appreciate it! Can anyone tell me how to get the ticker in my profile I tried and it never shows up! :ohwell:

Welcome first off Im Summer and Im 20 too I just got married in sept of 2007 and congrats!! DRINK WATER all the time is the biggest hint anyone will give you about losing weight and about your ticker copy the code it gives u then click the my home tab then settings and under that you can change your signature and just paste it where your custom signature goes! :) Good luck
  • MacHildegarde
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! My name's Kristen. And I'm new here too. I cut soda out of my diet completely and I drink water ALL THE TIME. Lol. Already I've lost three pounds just from doing that. It's kind of insane how well this website works. Good luck!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Asphaltcowgirlx
    Options
    lol thanks for the water advice!! I'll make sure I keep drinkin'! and as far as soda lol I shall try!! I Drink a lot of coke zero. haha but rarely.

ps. the ticker didn't work. it just never shows up. :( I copied and pasted it like 2309480329 times lol