How Long will it take?

Options
I am an 18 year old male, 5'8" 178 lbs. My starting weight was 210 lbs.

My goal weight is 140 lbs.

What date should I expect to finish at an aggressive, moderate, and a conservative pace?

Replies

• kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Options
    With 38 lbs to lose, you're realistically looking at 1 lb per week at most. Do the math.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Thanasi99 wrote: »
    I am an 18 year old male, 5'8" 178 lbs. My starting weight was 210 lbs.

My goal weight is 140 lbs.

What date should I expect to finish at an aggressive, moderate, and a conservative pace?

Wow that's skinny

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    You will never be finished. ;) Eating within your limits is your goal for life. Unless you want to end up at 210 lbs again or worse.

You didn't gain the weight overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. Steady and sure wins the race. Just make changes you can stick to forever and you'll be fine.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Why such a low target weight?
  • glitzy196
    glitzy196 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Im 5'5" and a girl, and my goal weight is 135.

Iean you do your thing. .but from a womans perspective..that's too small for me!
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    How long will it take you to lose the weight?

As long as it takes.
  • amyr271
    amyr271 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    How long will it take you to lose the weight?

As long as it takes.

^This.

In my experience the most successful people are the ones that don't give themselves a date to lose weight by. Slow and steady wins the race, or at least keeps the weight off.
  • Thanasi99
    Thanasi99 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    You will never be finished. ;) Eating within your limits is your goal for life. Unless you want to end up at 210 lbs again or worse.

You didn't gain the weight overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. Steady and sure wins the race. Just make changes you can stick to forever and you'll be fine.

Definitely! I am, I have adjusted to a new diet that I feel is sustainable for the foreseeable future, though I plan to increase the caloric intake once I transition into "maintenance."

But, of course, I mean how long would it take to shed off the weight? I am aiming for April 3rd, 2016, a year after my start date.