Need all the support I can get please.

Options
Today I'm putting my plan together. I have 130 lbs to lose and I feel so discouraged. I'm trying to take it 5lbs at a time. Tomorrow I'll be doing Lee Labradas weight lifting 12 week plan so I'll be posting about that. Add me please.

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome !
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    Welcome, it will not be easy, but you can do this :)
  • tatilove1988
    tatilove1988 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hey there! It's true that looking at the numbers can be a bit discouraging but taking it one step at a time and setting mini goals should help keep you motivated, and will alway give you something to look forward to. You've got this girlie!! Add me if you wish.
  • TastesLikeChicken
    TastesLikeChicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I picked up a copy of Fit To Live by Pamela Peeke and have found it very inspirational. She synthesizes what Ive heard before but it came at a time Im ready for change. Drop the word 'trying'. New habits are formed in 21 days. Best wishes.
  • SynflowerMom
    SynflowerMom Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with what the others have said. Look at small goals. Win the battles and you will win the war.

Jacki
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I just finished the Lean Body program. It was fun and I made some good progress on it. Also feel free to add me if you're looking for some extra encouragement and friends
  • acmanna
    acmanna Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Best advice-get a good scale, weigh and log accurately. It is mostly about what you eat, working out is great but weight-loss happens in the kitchen
  • althea5883
    althea5883 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I've found that not focusing on lbs lost and focusing more on small accomplishments ie. Stopping soda completely, going an extra five minutes on the elliptical, making lunches for work....has made me feel more successful and made it easier to keep my eyes on the end prize. Good luck to you :)
  • Brin1956
    Brin1956 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I like getting a target outfit and leaving it where I can see it every day. Something I would love to be into but a little snug. I usually pick them up at the used clothing stores as I don't plan to be in them for very long. I do the mini goals too and rewards. Remember to measure as the scale doesn't always move when the measuring tape does. Exercise and diet is the way to go. Start with a calorie intake of about 1400 to 1500 and you will find dieting easier. You can always lower it later when you get closer to your goal weight.
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is not my first time on MFP.... and I can tell you, without any reservation, that the support and friendship you will gain on this page can help you have a successful journey. The last time I was on here, I lost 45 pounds. Unfortunately, they found their way back home due to life and stress.

This time, well, I'm out to kill those extra pounds. If they are dead and buried, they cannot come back. I want to lose 85-90 pounds in total. But, I have it broken up into 3 mini-goals.

Developing a strong support group through MFP is amazing. I think you'll really like it and find it encouraging. I'll send you a friend request. We can be each other's cheerleader and support during this journey.

And, welcome to MFP!