Options
db56
db56 Posts: 31 Member
How many ounces is one serving of cooked boneless chicken breast

Replies

• kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    A serving can be however many ounces you want to eat and fits your calorie and macro goals.

I believe for most generic diet plans they mean 3 to 4 ounces when they say "a serving" but I've yet to get a whole chicken breast in that range. Most are 5 or 6 at least, possibly much bigger. Get a scale and weigh it.

Oh and most entries in MFP for meat are the raw weight, unless it specifically says otherwise.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I believe a standard serving is 4 oz. BUT you want to log it by the oz that you consume, not just a "serving," because with the way the database works, it could mean literally anything.
  • db56
    db56 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    thank you.. this helps alot
  • smalpeg
    smalpeg Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh the cooked portion, and add my calories before I eat,that way you know how much you consumed. If the portion you weighed is over your calorie allowance cut some off. weigh and measure before you bite. also plan your next day the night before or the morning of...makes decision eating simpler when preplanned... prepare foods ahead of time slicing and dicing of veggies etc,soups make aheads.