Need motivation and support :)

Options
For the last five years I've struggled with my weight. I've tried to lose the weight.. But it keeps coming back! I ultimately want to lose 60 lbs, but my first goal is to lose 40 lbs in the next 8 months. I'm ready to make a lifestyle change for good, but this time around I'd love to have more motivation, friends, and support. It's such a struggle trying to get through this alone. Anyone else feeling the same? :)

Replies

• pierportbeach
    pierportbeach Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Hi! This is first time using the app in several years. I'm like you - I need to lose 60 lbs. but I want it to be fat and not water or muscle. I've read one can only lose 1 to 1 1/2 lbs fat per week so I have to be patient and consistent. I saw a picture of myself on vacation last week and I thought : seriously ? How blind could I be? But we are here now so let's rock it out and make something happen. Like you I've lost over 40 lbs more than once. It is hard but we can do this. Small commitments. My first is to diary every day every item. You too?
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    You are more than welcome to add me ....Wishing you much success :)
  • hazeleyez26
    hazeleyez26 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes I feel the same way as you, pierportbeach...every time I see a recent pic of myself, I'm in disbelief at how much weight I've gained. I agree...small commitments and one day at a time. Yes, my first is to keep track of everything I eat :)
  • hazeleyez26
    Options
    Thank you ms_smartypants! :)
  • misschip1983
    misschip1983 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hi your welcome to add me . after my son I weighed at 217lbs now 4yrs on im at 164lbs . I did get down to 154lbs so I stopped logging and coming on here . bad choice as I went back up to 180lbs. Im aiming for 154lbs again ,im nearly there but I need buddies for encouragement and to keep me on track.
  • HelenReid2015
    HelenReid2015 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Day one (well this time around anyway!) for me today. Great at throwing myself into exercise or the latest diet plan for about 6/7 weeks, lose about 10lb along with my motivation and put it all back on with more. Attempting to simply try calorie counting and lose the 2 stone I'm desperate to lose. I should lose more according to the Drs/BMI but I can't think anymore ahead than 2 stone. Motivation is my downfall so would love some support too! If only we could buy motivation in a pill- I'd be fine!! Good luck, keep in touch and let's do this!!! Helen x
  • hazeleyez26
    Options
    Thanks misschip and Helen! I agree.. Let's do this! :)
  • DeeBerning
    DeeBerning Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This is not my first time on MFP.... and I can tell you, without any reservation, that the support and friendship you will gain on this page can help you have a successful journey. The last time I was on here, I lost 45 pounds. Unfortunately, they found their way back home due to life and stress.

This time, well, I'm out to kill those extra pounds. If they are dead and buried, they cannot come back. I want to lose 85-90 pounds in total. But, I have it broken up into 3 mini-goals.

Developing a strong support group through MFP is amazing. I think you'll really like it and find it encouraging. I'll send you a friend request. We can be each other's cheerleader and support during this journey.

And, welcome to MFP!
  • hmcunningham79
    hmcunningham79 Posts: 26 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I'm really looking for people for motivation and support as well. Today is the first day back!! Anyone who wants to add me, feel free. Let's do this!!

P.S. I have about 100 lbs to lose... so it's going to take some work....
  • grimtimmer
    grimtimmer Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Everyone here has such incredible, motivating things to say....there really isn't much for me to add, but feel free to add me to your chain of support! I'm starting over as well and definitely can use all the help I can get! Good luck!
  • peanutbutter314
    peanutbutter314 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Yes I would love some motivation and friends on this lifestyle change feel free to add me

• hazeleyez26
    Options
    Thanks everyone! It's nice to know we are not alone on this weight loss journey! :)
  • tlblake84
    tlblake84 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Agreed and please add me. As well as anyone else on this thread. We all need all the support we can get!
  • martacieslak638
    martacieslak638 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yeah add me as well :)
  • hlnebel
    hlnebel Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Always looking for more friends and support. Feel free to add me! :)