restaurant work and other woes

Options
I am new at this--and I have found that counting calories is easy enough--but I tend to go over on fat, carbs, and protein.

Another problem is I work in a restaurant--so on my days off, I do really well, but at work it's--ugly! I started a system where I eat only 300 calories before work, so I am free to snack all day--but have found though I stay within the calorie limit, I'm not that good with fat---how do I resist the temptation when the food is good, healthy, but just a little too fatty?

Replies

• lindsayledford
    Options
    I am new at this--and I have found that counting calories is easy enough--but I tend to go over on fat, carbs, and protein.

Another problem is I work in a restaurant--so on my days off, I do really well, but at work it's--ugly! I started a system where I eat only 300 calories before work, so I am free to snack all day--but have found though I stay within the calorie limit, I'm not that good with fat---how do I resist the temptation when the food is good, healthy, but just a little too fatty?
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i mainly just try to focus on the calories!!!:smile:
  • eammarx
    eammarx Posts: 56
    Options
    Oh don't I know it. I am a Stay at Home mom who has to feed her toddler the yummiest food and eat the low fat stuff. Its taking all my will power to not snack on his food. I am a snacker. I tend to go over on protein and carbs. I am trying to just focus on calories and fat and doing pretty good on those. I used to do better when I worked in an office I could never diet when I worked with food, too many temptations! Try to stay strong you can do it!