Mid morning snack

Options
Is it good to have a mid morning snack when your trying to lose weight? If so would a smoothie be w good choice? Real answers please I'm really trying to stay on track and lose weight!

Replies

• DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    It's not good or bad, providing you're not just having it on top of what you would have been eating without it. If you want a mid morning snack, go for it. If you don't want one, don't force yourself to. Losing weight just comes down to calories, doesn't matter when you eat them.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    If you want one and it fits into your calorie goal, it's a good thing.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You can, as long as it fits within your calories/macros. Just remmber that some smoothies can easily have about 400-500 calories, depending on what is in it, where you got it, etc. Just make sure you count that as well.
  • WeddedBliss1992
    WeddedBliss1992 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    i have to take medication 4 times per day, always with food. so i take a 100 calorie snack each time i have to take my meds. it makes me stay full throughout the day. i just make sure to log everything and ensure it fits w/in my calorie goal. you certainly don't have to snack if you don't want to, but if you're hungry, it's a good idea.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    if you can fit it in your calorie allotment, go for it
  • daniellepstewart209
    daniellepstewart209 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Personally I can't go from an early breakfast 7:30, to lunch at 1pm without something in the middle. I usually have some fat free total Greek yougurt with berries or fruit. That gets me to lunch. Good luck x
  • althea5883
    althea5883 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I always have a mid morning snack. I can't make it from breakfast to lunch without something. I get hangry. Haha. I make sure it fits into my calories though.